Review: Clowning around at the Circus of Horrors at Cambridge Corn Exchange - still touring the UK
- Credit: Archant
Sword swallowers, killer clowns, a daring dwarf unafraid to bare all – it’s all in an evening’s work for the Circus of Horrors that brought their show to Cambridge.
Visiting the Corn Exchange as part of their 21st anniversary tour, the show has to be seen to experience the madness of this otherworldly, off-the-wall spectacle.
With rock music, talented aerial acts, dramatic build ups and comedic interludes, the night is a roller coaster of brilliance, including, completely out of the blue, the clowns clambering over the audience’s seats.
What started it’s gruesome beginnings at the 1995 Glastonbury Festival, became an instant hit, touring all over the world from Chile to Chatham, Argentina to Aberdeen, Japan to Jersey including festival appearances with Alice Cooper, Eminem, Motley Crue, Oasis, Iron Maiden, The Manic St Preachers, Foo Fighters and many more.
They also wowed Britain’s Got Talent judges a few years back.
You may also want to watch:
If you like nights out that are completely different and don’t have a clown phobia, then this is one for you.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run