Richard wins coveted place at Piccadilly art display
A CHATTERIS artist has been selected from hundreds of entries to have his work represented at a leading London exhibition.
Richard Savage’s work was picked from more than 1,000 entries to be featured at the 2012 Cork Street Open Exhibition in Piccadilly.
The event, which opened on August 23 and finishes on Friday (August 31) is designed to showcase emerging and established artists from around the world to gain exposure and sell their work while benefiting a chosen charity - and Mr Savage is just one of 165 artists to enjoy a showing.
It is the second time his work has been used at the Cork Street exhibition and his work has been sold across the world.
“To be included once was great, to do it a second time is fantastic,” Mr Savage said. “I am thrilled to see my work on the wall of such a prestigious London gallery.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Savage’s diverse portfolio ranges from highly detailed studies of wildlife to aviation art.
His first major exhibition was at the Washington Museum of Contemporary Art and he has drawn 84 book covers, as well as illustrating two children’s stories.
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 4 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
His work is also being shown at the Affordable Fine Art Fair in March Town Hall from Friday (August 31) at 7.30pm, with the exhibition also open between 10am and 4pm on both Saturday (September 1) and Sunday (September 2).
For more details, contact Mr Savage on 01354 696421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.