Richard wins coveted place at Piccadilly art display
A CHATTERIS artist has been selected from hundreds of entries to have his work represented at a leading London exhibition.
Richard Savage’s work was picked from more than 1,000 entries to be featured at the 2012 Cork Street Open Exhibition in Piccadilly.
The event, which opened on August 23 and finishes on Friday (August 31) is designed to showcase emerging and established artists from around the world to gain exposure and sell their work while benefiting a chosen charity - and Mr Savage is just one of 165 artists to enjoy a showing.
It is the second time his work has been used at the Cork Street exhibition and his work has been sold across the world.
“To be included once was great, to do it a second time is fantastic,” Mr Savage said. “I am thrilled to see my work on the wall of such a prestigious London gallery.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Savage’s diverse portfolio ranges from highly detailed studies of wildlife to aviation art.
His first major exhibition was at the Washington Museum of Contemporary Art and he has drawn 84 book covers, as well as illustrating two children’s stories.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
His work is also being shown at the Affordable Fine Art Fair in March Town Hall from Friday (August 31) at 7.30pm, with the exhibition also open between 10am and 4pm on both Saturday (September 1) and Sunday (September 2).
For more details, contact Mr Savage on 01354 696421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.