Rock til you drop at Georges
- Credit: Archant
MUSICIANS will be joining forces for a daytime music extravaganza to raise money for local medical emergency charity Magpas.
Rock Till You Drop promises to be a fun afternoon at the Georges, March, as solo performers and groups play rock classics to raise funds for their efforts.
The entertainment will be on Saturday August 17 from noon.
The rock musicians will be supported by friends who will offer a selection of acoustic music to alternate with the rock medleys.
This fund-raiser will attract musicians from a wide catchment area who regularly play at various ‘jam’ nights, together with visiting professionals who have promised to drop by.
You may also want to watch:
All musicians are offering their talent and time free of charge.
The event will raise funds for the emergency rescue charity MAGPAS Helimedix, which is the fourth emergency service yet relies totally on charitable donations.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
The air ambulance service provides specialist trained emergency medical teams who access the most inhospitable areas and transport their patients to hospital, saving lives by reducing the time to admission.
The MAGPAS Helimedix team is stationed within its own operational base at RAF Wyton and is regularly deployed across Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
They respond to call outs by the Ambulance Service, Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue or Cambridgeshire Police.