Rock til you drop at Georges
- Credit: Archant
MUSICIANS will be joining forces for a daytime music extravaganza to raise money for local medical emergency charity Magpas.
Rock Till You Drop promises to be a fun afternoon at the Georges, March, as solo performers and groups play rock classics to raise funds for their efforts.
The entertainment will be on Saturday August 17 from noon.
The rock musicians will be supported by friends who will offer a selection of acoustic music to alternate with the rock medleys.
This fund-raiser will attract musicians from a wide catchment area who regularly play at various ‘jam’ nights, together with visiting professionals who have promised to drop by.
You may also want to watch:
All musicians are offering their talent and time free of charge.
The event will raise funds for the emergency rescue charity MAGPAS Helimedix, which is the fourth emergency service yet relies totally on charitable donations.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The air ambulance service provides specialist trained emergency medical teams who access the most inhospitable areas and transport their patients to hospital, saving lives by reducing the time to admission.
The MAGPAS Helimedix team is stationed within its own operational base at RAF Wyton and is regularly deployed across Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
They respond to call outs by the Ambulance Service, Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue or Cambridgeshire Police.