Rock til you drop at Georges
- Credit: Archant
MUSICIANS will be joining forces for a daytime music extravaganza to raise money for local medical emergency charity Magpas.
Rock Till You Drop promises to be a fun afternoon at the Georges, March, as solo performers and groups play rock classics to raise funds for their efforts.
The entertainment will be on Saturday August 17 from noon.
The rock musicians will be supported by friends who will offer a selection of acoustic music to alternate with the rock medleys.
This fund-raiser will attract musicians from a wide catchment area who regularly play at various ‘jam’ nights, together with visiting professionals who have promised to drop by.
You may also want to watch:
All musicians are offering their talent and time free of charge.
The event will raise funds for the emergency rescue charity MAGPAS Helimedix, which is the fourth emergency service yet relies totally on charitable donations.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
The air ambulance service provides specialist trained emergency medical teams who access the most inhospitable areas and transport their patients to hospital, saving lives by reducing the time to admission.
The MAGPAS Helimedix team is stationed within its own operational base at RAF Wyton and is regularly deployed across Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
They respond to call outs by the Ambulance Service, Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue or Cambridgeshire Police.