Ronnie Scott’s All Stars to visit Ely for an afternoon of summer jazz
- Credit: Archant
RONNIE Scott’s All Stars are coming to Ely on Sunday June 9 to perform an afternoon of amazing jazz in the gardens of the Old Fire Engine House.
Heading the line up will be James Pearson, resident pianist and artistic director at Ronnie Scott’s famous Soho Jazz Club.
James was described by the late jazz legend Sir John Dankworth as “an exceptionally gifted artist. His masterful playing makes him head and shoulders above the rest of his contemporaries. He shows signs of true greatness”.
Joining James will be Sam Burgess - another member of the All Stars - playing bass, R&B singer Polly Gibbons and other well-known musicians, together comprising some of the greatest talents in the UK jazz scene.
The event is being staged by Amnesty International Ely City Group, and all profits will go to Amnesty International.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers promise that this outdoor event - from 4pm to 6pm - will go ahead whatever the weather, and ticket holders are asked to bring along a blanket or folding chair. Gates open at 3.30pm and there will be a licensed bar.
The event will be opened by Councillor Elisabeth Every, the new Deputy Mayor of Ely. Tickets cost £15 per head and include a cream tea or gluten-free alternative. They are available from The Old Fire Engine House Restaurant, Raven Music in High Street Passage, and online at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/222336
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road