Ronnie Scott’s All Stars to visit Ely for an afternoon of summer jazz
- Credit: Archant
RONNIE Scott’s All Stars are coming to Ely on Sunday June 9 to perform an afternoon of amazing jazz in the gardens of the Old Fire Engine House.
Heading the line up will be James Pearson, resident pianist and artistic director at Ronnie Scott’s famous Soho Jazz Club.
James was described by the late jazz legend Sir John Dankworth as “an exceptionally gifted artist. His masterful playing makes him head and shoulders above the rest of his contemporaries. He shows signs of true greatness”.
Joining James will be Sam Burgess - another member of the All Stars - playing bass, R&B singer Polly Gibbons and other well-known musicians, together comprising some of the greatest talents in the UK jazz scene.
The event is being staged by Amnesty International Ely City Group, and all profits will go to Amnesty International.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers promise that this outdoor event - from 4pm to 6pm - will go ahead whatever the weather, and ticket holders are asked to bring along a blanket or folding chair. Gates open at 3.30pm and there will be a licensed bar.
The event will be opened by Councillor Elisabeth Every, the new Deputy Mayor of Ely. Tickets cost £15 per head and include a cream tea or gluten-free alternative. They are available from The Old Fire Engine House Restaurant, Raven Music in High Street Passage, and online at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/222336
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park