Ronnie Scott’s All Stars to visit Ely for an afternoon of summer jazz
- Credit: Archant
RONNIE Scott’s All Stars are coming to Ely on Sunday June 9 to perform an afternoon of amazing jazz in the gardens of the Old Fire Engine House.
Heading the line up will be James Pearson, resident pianist and artistic director at Ronnie Scott’s famous Soho Jazz Club.
James was described by the late jazz legend Sir John Dankworth as “an exceptionally gifted artist. His masterful playing makes him head and shoulders above the rest of his contemporaries. He shows signs of true greatness”.
Joining James will be Sam Burgess - another member of the All Stars - playing bass, R&B singer Polly Gibbons and other well-known musicians, together comprising some of the greatest talents in the UK jazz scene.
The event is being staged by Amnesty International Ely City Group, and all profits will go to Amnesty International.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers promise that this outdoor event - from 4pm to 6pm - will go ahead whatever the weather, and ticket holders are asked to bring along a blanket or folding chair. Gates open at 3.30pm and there will be a licensed bar.
The event will be opened by Councillor Elisabeth Every, the new Deputy Mayor of Ely. Tickets cost £15 per head and include a cream tea or gluten-free alternative. They are available from The Old Fire Engine House Restaurant, Raven Music in High Street Passage, and online at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/222336
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s