Rose Fair will be 51 years old this summer
- Credit: Archant
Planning is in full swing for the popular Rose Fair which this year will pack the streets of Wisbech for the 51st time.
Meetings started in September but the committee is now getting into top gear with leaflets posted around the town ready for this year’s celebration.
Saint Peters and Saint Pauls church will be holding the 51st annual rose fair from Wednesday July 2 to Sunday July 6.
The floral arrangements will be as spectacular as ever and the committee say they are looking for sponsors to help fund the flowers.
“The committee would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to those organisations and individuals who have sponsored this event in the past and we welcome you to support us again this year.
You may also want to watch:
“The new stalls that we have had for the past two years are a great success and stall holders are already booking theirs for this year,” a spokesman said.
If you wish to have a stall please contact the organiser on 07850-852222 as soon as possible as there are only a few stalls left.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
Friends and family living further afield may like to get together and bring a coach party as bookings need to be taken also for the coach park.
Services will be held in church throughout the week . Details can be found in the Rose Fair festival leaflet available in shops in town.
There will be stalls providing a varied selection of goods, food in the church hall, serve yourself snacks or try the waitress service by booking a set meal in the Rose Café. Contact 01945 461393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are always appreciated - this year help is needed especially in the food hall for various tasks. Contact the church on 01945 582508 if you wish to take part in this years Rose Fair.`