Rose Fair will be 51 years old this summer
- Credit: Archant
Planning is in full swing for the popular Rose Fair which this year will pack the streets of Wisbech for the 51st time.
Meetings started in September but the committee is now getting into top gear with leaflets posted around the town ready for this year’s celebration.
Saint Peters and Saint Pauls church will be holding the 51st annual rose fair from Wednesday July 2 to Sunday July 6.
The floral arrangements will be as spectacular as ever and the committee say they are looking for sponsors to help fund the flowers.
“The committee would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to those organisations and individuals who have sponsored this event in the past and we welcome you to support us again this year.
“The new stalls that we have had for the past two years are a great success and stall holders are already booking theirs for this year,” a spokesman said.
If you wish to have a stall please contact the organiser on 07850-852222 as soon as possible as there are only a few stalls left.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
Friends and family living further afield may like to get together and bring a coach party as bookings need to be taken also for the coach park.
Services will be held in church throughout the week . Details can be found in the Rose Fair festival leaflet available in shops in town.
There will be stalls providing a varied selection of goods, food in the church hall, serve yourself snacks or try the waitress service by booking a set meal in the Rose Café. Contact 01945 461393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are always appreciated - this year help is needed especially in the food hall for various tasks. Contact the church on 01945 582508 if you wish to take part in this years Rose Fair.`