Russian State Opera comes to town
- Credit: Archant
The Russian State Ballet and Opera House are to perform in Cambridgeshire next month
The world renowned group, who have been presenting ballets and operas globally for over 14 years, will be performing Verdi’s opera La Traviata.
The show, which is being performed in its original language but with English subtitles, will feature a live orchestra of over 30 musicians.
Producer Alexj Ignatow, who has coordinated the UK tour, said: “Opera is sometimes seen as being out of reach but these performances will bring world class opera talent to local audiences in a way that makes it more accessible than ever.
“For many people, seeing an opera is a wonderful and profound experience and one they are keen to repeat. I hope that these local performances will encourage many more people to try opera and discover the magic it creates.”
The Russian State Ballet and Opera House comes to Peterborough’s The Cresset on Sunday, September 13.
For tickets, please contact the box office on 01733 265705 or for further information visit: www.opera-tickets.co.uk.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant