Russian State Opera comes to town
- Credit: Archant
The Russian State Ballet and Opera House are to perform in Cambridgeshire next month
The world renowned group, who have been presenting ballets and operas globally for over 14 years, will be performing Verdi’s opera La Traviata.
The show, which is being performed in its original language but with English subtitles, will feature a live orchestra of over 30 musicians.
Producer Alexj Ignatow, who has coordinated the UK tour, said: “Opera is sometimes seen as being out of reach but these performances will bring world class opera talent to local audiences in a way that makes it more accessible than ever.
“For many people, seeing an opera is a wonderful and profound experience and one they are keen to repeat. I hope that these local performances will encourage many more people to try opera and discover the magic it creates.”
You may also want to watch:
The Russian State Ballet and Opera House comes to Peterborough’s The Cresset on Sunday, September 13.
For tickets, please contact the box office on 01733 265705 or for further information visit: www.opera-tickets.co.uk.
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 5 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action