Sacrewell Farm marking landmark anniversary with Spring Fair
- Credit: Archant
A 1960s Spring Fair will be held at Sacrewell Farm near Wansford on May 4-5.
The fair will mark the 50th anniversary of The William Scott Abbott Trust, which was formed to support the farm.
May Pole dancers from Nene Valley Primary School and the Peterborough Morris Men will perform and there will be stalls selling everything from crafts to cordials.
There will be a bucking sheep, horseshoes, tug of war and other farm themed activities.
Marketing and communications officer Megan Horner said: “This event is really our way of celebrating our 50th anniversary with the community who helped us to build ourselves successfully as an educational charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re incorporating as much 60s pop culture as we can including music and games, plus a few farm themed events which will keep everyone entertained.
“All of the staff at the farm are really getting stuck into this event. I think they’re as excited about it as our visitors are. “You might even find us with our heads in the stocks if you’re lucky.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The fair will run from 9.30am – 5pm each day. For more information about events please visit www.sacrewell.org.uk or call 01780 782254