Sacrewell Farm marking landmark anniversary with Spring Fair
- Credit: Archant
A 1960s Spring Fair will be held at Sacrewell Farm near Wansford on May 4-5.
The fair will mark the 50th anniversary of The William Scott Abbott Trust, which was formed to support the farm.
May Pole dancers from Nene Valley Primary School and the Peterborough Morris Men will perform and there will be stalls selling everything from crafts to cordials.
There will be a bucking sheep, horseshoes, tug of war and other farm themed activities.
Marketing and communications officer Megan Horner said: “This event is really our way of celebrating our 50th anniversary with the community who helped us to build ourselves successfully as an educational charity.
“We’re incorporating as much 60s pop culture as we can including music and games, plus a few farm themed events which will keep everyone entertained.
“All of the staff at the farm are really getting stuck into this event. I think they’re as excited about it as our visitors are. “You might even find us with our heads in the stocks if you’re lucky.”
- 1 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 3 Man who drove lorry at relatives sitting in garden to be detained in hospital
- 4 Vaccine centre prepares for last weekend delivering Covid-19 booster jabs
- 5 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 6 Will we have a white Christmas in Cambridgeshire this year?
- 7 Man, 33, confronted live on Facebook for alleged child sex offences
- 8 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 9 Drunk mother who allegedly dropped child under arrest
The fair will run from 9.30am – 5pm each day. For more information about events please visit www.sacrewell.org.uk or call 01780 782254