Sacrewell Farm marking landmark anniversary with Spring Fair
- Credit: Archant
A 1960s Spring Fair will be held at Sacrewell Farm near Wansford on May 4-5.
The fair will mark the 50th anniversary of The William Scott Abbott Trust, which was formed to support the farm.
May Pole dancers from Nene Valley Primary School and the Peterborough Morris Men will perform and there will be stalls selling everything from crafts to cordials.
There will be a bucking sheep, horseshoes, tug of war and other farm themed activities.
Marketing and communications officer Megan Horner said: “This event is really our way of celebrating our 50th anniversary with the community who helped us to build ourselves successfully as an educational charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re incorporating as much 60s pop culture as we can including music and games, plus a few farm themed events which will keep everyone entertained.
“All of the staff at the farm are really getting stuck into this event. I think they’re as excited about it as our visitors are. “You might even find us with our heads in the stocks if you’re lucky.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The fair will run from 9.30am – 5pm each day. For more information about events please visit www.sacrewell.org.uk or call 01780 782254