Sacrewell Farm marking landmark anniversary with Spring Fair
- Credit: Archant
A 1960s Spring Fair will be held at Sacrewell Farm near Wansford on May 4-5.
The fair will mark the 50th anniversary of The William Scott Abbott Trust, which was formed to support the farm.
May Pole dancers from Nene Valley Primary School and the Peterborough Morris Men will perform and there will be stalls selling everything from crafts to cordials.
There will be a bucking sheep, horseshoes, tug of war and other farm themed activities.
Marketing and communications officer Megan Horner said: “This event is really our way of celebrating our 50th anniversary with the community who helped us to build ourselves successfully as an educational charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re incorporating as much 60s pop culture as we can including music and games, plus a few farm themed events which will keep everyone entertained.
“All of the staff at the farm are really getting stuck into this event. I think they’re as excited about it as our visitors are. “You might even find us with our heads in the stocks if you’re lucky.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
The fair will run from 9.30am – 5pm each day. For more information about events please visit www.sacrewell.org.uk or call 01780 782254