Sample the delights of the flora and fauna around March for a fund raising open garden scheme
- Credit: Archant
Lovers of the great outdoors are invited to take a tour of people’s green fingered successes for this year’s summer open gardens scheme around March.
A booklet has been produced for the open garden visiting dates and times which is raising funds for St Peter’s and St Mary’s Churches.
A variety of gardens will be open for people to take a look with tours beginning in April and running through to September.
Some of the property owners will offer refreshments, some need booking in advance while others only allow dogs on short leads.
For full details pick up a brochure at one of the churches.
On Sundays, The Farmhouse is open from 2-4pm at Middle Road, March. This garden needs advance booking with George and Margery Payne on 01354 652841. On Sunday April 26 Middle Fen Farm is open from 2-4pm at the home of Joel and Liz Grieco while on Bank Holiday Monday May 4 the home of Andrew Clarke will open at 24 Gordon Avenue from 1-5pm.
He also opens his garden on Monday August 31 from 1-5pm.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
On Saturday June 27 and Sat July 4 Lincoln Villa in Wisbech Road opens its doors from 2-5pm by David and Gill Jolley.
On Sunday July 12 Judith and Harry Rooke open their garden at 65 Cavalry Drive which is open from 2-6pm.
On Sunday July 19 the home of Pat and Trevor Quince is open at 5 Milner Close from 2—5pm.
On Saturday July 25 from 10-4pm and Sunday 26 from 2-4pm the garden of Rev Jenny Webb is open at 3 Wherry Close.
On Saturday July 25 Margaret Dunham opens her garden with memorabilia from Dunham’s Wood at 7 Wherry Close from 10 to noon.
On Sunday July 26 and Sunday September 6 Beaver Lodge is open at 45 Henson Road thanks to Paul and Maria Nielsen Bom from noon to 4.30pm.
On Saturday August 8 and Sunday August 9 the garden is open at 88 Nene Parade from 10 to 4pm with hosts Doreen and Neville Patrick.