Sample the delights of the flora and fauna around March for a fund raising open garden scheme
- Credit: Archant
Lovers of the great outdoors are invited to take a tour of people’s green fingered successes for this year’s summer open gardens scheme around March.
A booklet has been produced for the open garden visiting dates and times which is raising funds for St Peter’s and St Mary’s Churches.
A variety of gardens will be open for people to take a look with tours beginning in April and running through to September.
Some of the property owners will offer refreshments, some need booking in advance while others only allow dogs on short leads.
For full details pick up a brochure at one of the churches.
You may also want to watch:
On Sundays, The Farmhouse is open from 2-4pm at Middle Road, March. This garden needs advance booking with George and Margery Payne on 01354 652841. On Sunday April 26 Middle Fen Farm is open from 2-4pm at the home of Joel and Liz Grieco while on Bank Holiday Monday May 4 the home of Andrew Clarke will open at 24 Gordon Avenue from 1-5pm.
He also opens his garden on Monday August 31 from 1-5pm.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
On Saturday June 27 and Sat July 4 Lincoln Villa in Wisbech Road opens its doors from 2-5pm by David and Gill Jolley.
On Sunday July 12 Judith and Harry Rooke open their garden at 65 Cavalry Drive which is open from 2-6pm.
On Sunday July 19 the home of Pat and Trevor Quince is open at 5 Milner Close from 2—5pm.
On Saturday July 25 from 10-4pm and Sunday 26 from 2-4pm the garden of Rev Jenny Webb is open at 3 Wherry Close.
On Saturday July 25 Margaret Dunham opens her garden with memorabilia from Dunham’s Wood at 7 Wherry Close from 10 to noon.
On Sunday July 26 and Sunday September 6 Beaver Lodge is open at 45 Henson Road thanks to Paul and Maria Nielsen Bom from noon to 4.30pm.
On Saturday August 8 and Sunday August 9 the garden is open at 88 Nene Parade from 10 to 4pm with hosts Doreen and Neville Patrick.