Everything you need to know about the Sandringham Game and Country Fair which takes place this weekend
- Credit: Supplied / ARCHANT
The Sandringham Game and Country Fair returns to the estate this weekend – here’s everything you need to know.
Branded the 'haven for country sports enthusiasts', the two-day event takes place on Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8 at the Sandringham Estate.
A spokesman said: "We are delighted to welcome back to Sandringham, the wonderfully popular Shire Horse Society, who will have their own village in the show.
"You can come and meet these magnificent horses up close and ask as many questions as you like. Tickets are available in advanced or on the gate.
"They will also be demonstrating in the Andy Singleton Arena with a variety of nostalgic drays and carts - definitely one not to miss!
You may also want to watch:
"We also have the incredible Moment in Time Team, who combine living history re-enactment displays."
For the children there is plenty to do: from a free twenty minute fishing lesson to learning how to use a rifle in the inflatable Daisy Range for young shooters.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
They may prefer to fly a bird of prey or pose with a Hedwig lookalike; meet some historical re-enactors from hundreds of years ago; create a pot or similar work of art.
For a full line-up and list of activities and to buy advanced tickets, visit: www.sandringhamgameandcountryfair.co.uk