See David Starkey and Jim Davidson at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange in January
- Credit: Archant
Historian David Starkey and comedian Jim Davidson come to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange in January. To purchase tickets to either event, contact the box office on 01553 764864.
• The UK’s leading constitutional historian, David Starkey is talking about ‘The Tudors and Us’ on January 16 at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
Known for his forthright views, he talks about the Tudor period he describes as the most glorious soap opera, with the whole future of countries turning on what these huge personalities felt like when they got out of bed in the morning.
A Cambridge educated grammar school boy who became a respected London School of Economics lecturer, Starkey is a uniquely abrasive debater on Radio 4’s Moral Maze, a controversial contributor to Question Time and the creator and presenter of many very popular historical TV series.
His subjects have included Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, the Monarchy, the Churchills and Music & Monarchy.
You may also want to watch:
A Corn Exchange spokesman said: “There are few more stimulating thinkers, and few who understand better the way the most powerful have thought throughout our history.”
The talk begins at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £16, £14 concessions.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 5 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 6 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
• Only a few tickets are remaining for Jim Davidson’s return to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange for his latest show, No Further Action.
Very few comedians could turn the worst year of their life into a resounding success, but fresh from winning the most successful ever series of Big Brother by a landslide, last January, comedy king Jim Davidson has done exactly that.
No Further Action will see Jim tell the story of his arrest and the nightmare 12 months that followed the clearing of his name and winning the heart of the nation all over again as a Big Brother champion.
Jim will be doing all this in the only way he knows how, by entertaining people, something he’s been doing to great acclaim for nearly 40 years.
It promises to be the most outrageous, hilarious and insightful show Jim has ever performed.
No stranger to the limelight, having dominated prime time TV comedy for more than a decade, Jim is not only one of the country’s best established comics, but one of the most popular stand-up comedians of all time.
Alongside hosting much loved shows such as Big Break and The Generation Game Jim’s sell-out theatre tours and pantomimes have broken box office records and received critical acclaim.
Jim Davidson is at the Corn Exchange on Thursday, January 22, from 7.30pm. Tickets cost £23.50 and the show is for adults only.