See Swiss choir Kantorei at St Leonard’s Church, Leverington
- Credit: Archant
A 40-strong Swiss choir will end their UK tour at a Fenland church with a candlelit concert – and you could win a pair of tickets to the show.
Kantorei comes to St Leonard’s Church, Leverington, on October 10 after visiting Cambridge and Edinburgh.
They regularly perform in Berne cathedral and the Prediger church in Zurich. Their aim and purpose is to promote liturgical and sacred choral music in all its varied forms.
In the past they have also visited Hungary, Romania, Germany and Italy and they view their tours as opportunities to find out about the culture and church history of their host country as well as performing, which is why they call their trips Singreise, meaning singing journey, rather than concert tours.
The Friends of Leverington Church will welcome Kantorei with a guided tour of St Leonard’s, before a supper at the village hall. The group will then perform in the church, from 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Mary Watt, chairman of the Friends of Leverington Church, said: “We feel so privileged to have been chosen as ‘the church off the beaten track’ and hope to attract a large audience to do justice to this unique occasion.
“We hope that as many people as possible will come along to experience this unique event. The following morning the choir will fly home and we hope they take with them fond memories of their UK trip and especially their last evening in Leverington.”
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Tickets cost £5. Refreshments will be served in an interval.
? For a chance to win a pair of tickets, don’t miss this Friday’s (August 21) edition of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.