Series of summer shows in Chatteris throughout August
- Credit: Archant
A series of summer fun shows for children are to be staged at the King Edward Centre in Chatteris next month.
The first show will be held on Friday August 4 at 11am and sees the return of stalwart performer Phil Sherman, of Booster Cushion Theatre, who will be performing “Hansel, Gretel and You…Who?”
The following Friday ever popular local performer Stripey Wipey will bring comedy, magic and balloon craft to the centre while August 18 sees the return of Jezo with his magic and laughter show.
The final show, on August 25, will see Devilstick Peat bring his unique form of magic and comic juggling back to Chatteris.
The shows, which last around an hour each, are organised and funded by Chatteris Town Council. Admission is free and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris town clerk Joanna Melton said: “The shows regularly attract over 100 people - excited children accompanied by parents, grandparents and childminders.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council