Series of summer shows in Chatteris throughout August
- Credit: Archant
A series of summer fun shows for children are to be staged at the King Edward Centre in Chatteris next month.
The first show will be held on Friday August 4 at 11am and sees the return of stalwart performer Phil Sherman, of Booster Cushion Theatre, who will be performing “Hansel, Gretel and You…Who?”
The following Friday ever popular local performer Stripey Wipey will bring comedy, magic and balloon craft to the centre while August 18 sees the return of Jezo with his magic and laughter show.
The final show, on August 25, will see Devilstick Peat bring his unique form of magic and comic juggling back to Chatteris.
The shows, which last around an hour each, are organised and funded by Chatteris Town Council. Admission is free and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
Chatteris town clerk Joanna Melton said: “The shows regularly attract over 100 people - excited children accompanied by parents, grandparents and childminders.”
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall