Show promoting Fenland ready to captivate London audience
- Credit: Archant
A SHOW which celebrates Fenland will enjoy a three-day run at a prestigious London theatre next week.
Ours Was The Fen Country, which is devised by choreographer Dan Canham, will be preformed at The Shed, National Theatre, London, as part of the Limited Editions Festival from Monday to Wednesday.
Ours Was The Fen Country documents through recorded interviews and dance the dying way of rural life in Fenland.
Mr Canham has conducted interviews with eel-catchers, farmers, parish councillors, museum keepers, molly dancers and conservationists to help him create an authentic spectacle.
He said: “My ensemble and I fuse movement and sound with the words and memories of their native collaborators to get to the heart of this beautiful, bleak and mysterious expanse of flat land and dig up universal stories of rural communities fading from view.
You may also want to watch:
“Ours Was The Fen Country is an exhilarating and poetic look at the inevitability of change from the voices of those who still know the old words.”
The show enjoyed a successful run at the Angles Theatre, Wisbech, in June.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory