Showbus bonanza comes to Imperial War Museum Duxford
THE biggest bus show in the world returns this weekend to the Imperial War Museum in Duxford - with plenty of colour and nostalgia guaranteed.
Showbus has been hosting bus bonanzas for nearly 40 years and this year’s event will see buses of all ages and descriptions arranged in colourful displays.
More than 400 single and double-decker buses will gather at Duxford for the fun event, with buses travelling from as far afield as Ireland and Scotland for the extravaganza. Buses which have operated in Hong Kong and Malta will also be on display.
There will be many bus-releated anniversaries also celebrated at the event. The centenary of the Maidstone and District Motor Service will be commemorated with a special display of vintage vehicles which will parade around the American Air Museum at noon.
It is also the 50th anniversary of the longer London Routemaster models entering service and the London RF single-decker bus celebrates its 60th anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can enjoy a free scenic bus ride to Duxford village between 11.45am and 4.15pm, departing from a bus stop in front of the American Air Museum. Priority will be given to visitors who purchase the Showbus programme at the event.
The event runs during the museum’s normal opening hours of 10am-6pm. Standard admission to the museum applies. Children aged 15 or under go free when accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car