Sir Bob Geldof the Saturday headline act at LodeStar 2012
SIR Bob Geldof has been confirmed as a headline act at this year’s LodeStar Festival.
More than 50 acts will perform at this year’s festival including rock, pop and indie acts, late-night DJs and theatre groups.
Geldof, the legendary frontman of The Boomtown Rats and organiser of Live Aid (and latterly Live 8) will be playing the festival on Saturday September 1.
Norwegian girl group Katzenjammer and Swedish singer Amanda Mair have also been confirmed for the three-day festival which runs from August 31-September 2.
Early bird tickets for this year’s festival have already sold out but mid bird tickets are available for �45 for all three days including free camping and free entry for under-15s.
You may also want to watch:
Doug Durrant, of LodeStar, said: “It has certainly gained the reputation of putting on some of the coolest bands from across the UK, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
The style and value of LodeStar seems to have won over a growing audience with early bird tickets selling out before any line-up announcements.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
Tickets can only be purchased on the official LodeStar website, www.lodestarfestival.com