Sir Bob Geldof the Saturday headline act at LodeStar 2012
SIR Bob Geldof has been confirmed as a headline act at this year’s LodeStar Festival.
More than 50 acts will perform at this year’s festival including rock, pop and indie acts, late-night DJs and theatre groups.
Geldof, the legendary frontman of The Boomtown Rats and organiser of Live Aid (and latterly Live 8) will be playing the festival on Saturday September 1.
Norwegian girl group Katzenjammer and Swedish singer Amanda Mair have also been confirmed for the three-day festival which runs from August 31-September 2.
Early bird tickets for this year’s festival have already sold out but mid bird tickets are available for �45 for all three days including free camping and free entry for under-15s.
You may also want to watch:
Doug Durrant, of LodeStar, said: “It has certainly gained the reputation of putting on some of the coolest bands from across the UK, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
The style and value of LodeStar seems to have won over a growing audience with early bird tickets selling out before any line-up announcements.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Tickets can only be purchased on the official LodeStar website, www.lodestarfestival.com