Sir Bob Geldof the Saturday headline act at LodeStar 2012
SIR Bob Geldof has been confirmed as a headline act at this year’s LodeStar Festival.
More than 50 acts will perform at this year’s festival including rock, pop and indie acts, late-night DJs and theatre groups.
Geldof, the legendary frontman of The Boomtown Rats and organiser of Live Aid (and latterly Live 8) will be playing the festival on Saturday September 1.
Norwegian girl group Katzenjammer and Swedish singer Amanda Mair have also been confirmed for the three-day festival which runs from August 31-September 2.
Early bird tickets for this year’s festival have already sold out but mid bird tickets are available for �45 for all three days including free camping and free entry for under-15s.
Doug Durrant, of LodeStar, said: “It has certainly gained the reputation of putting on some of the coolest bands from across the UK, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
The style and value of LodeStar seems to have won over a growing audience with early bird tickets selling out before any line-up announcements.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
Tickets can only be purchased on the official LodeStar website, www.lodestarfestival.com