REVIEW: Six Cambridge is a touch of class on the city skyline
- Credit: Archant
It was an evening of fine dining and classy cocktails set to the skyline of our world-renown University City.
Six Cambridge offers breath-taking views situated on the 6th floor at The Varsity Hotel and Spa.
From the moment we walked through the door we were greeted with a smile and the perfect start to any night out – a cocktail menu.
Inscribed on the first page was a quote from Frank Sinatra.
“Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
You may also want to watch:
And from there, the tone of the evening was set.
The Sex and the City girls could have easily shared a cosmo at Six, making it the perfect place to mingle with friends.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
Plush seats and attentive service made us feel at home from the get-go as we took in the iconic location with a few selfies.
Waiters were professional not to disturb mid-conversation, but were friendly enough to share recipes and deal with any requests.
The burrata, tomato caponata, wild rocket and chargrilled toast was our choice of starter.
The creamy burrata cheese sparked the taste buds when combined with the fresh rocket and crispy toast.
But the piece de resistance came in the form of the lemon and rosemary roasted Norfolk half chicken for the main.
The juicy and flavourful dish was zesty and cooked to perfection.
A side of roasted rosemary potatoes with a butter sauce made it a winner.
The quintessential British pudding of apple crumble with ice cream was our last course.
This melt in the mouth dessert rounded off the perfect evening, fuelling us for the trip back home.
It was clear that Six offered food for the soul, with a fantastic atmosphere, one too many drinks and an eclectic menu that will ensure a return visit.
To make a reservation online visit https://www.sixcambridge.co.uk/ or call 01223308030.