Soul singer Lemar joins Marcus Collins of X Factor for massive free pop concert
British soul singer Lemar has been added to the list of acts set to star at Norfolk’s biggest free pop festival this summer, it has been revealed.
Thousands of people are expected to pack King’s Lynn’s Tuesday Market Place for the former Fame Academy contestant’s performance on the final night of Festival Too.
Lemar is well known for hits including If There’s Any Justice, It’s Not That Easy and 50/50. He returns to Lynn by popular demand after performing at Festival Too in 2010.
X Factor favourite Marcus Collins and Ben Montague, one of the UK’s brightest melodic rock talents, will also share the stage at the climax of the festival on Saturday, July 14.
Our sister paper, The EDP is an official sponsor of Festival Too – one of Europe’s largest free music festivals – and the final night is being brought to the town in association with Lynn-based radio station KLFM.
Alan Taylor, one of the festival organisers, was delighted Lemar is returning to the Festival Too stage.
He said: “Lemar is one of only a few acts we have been asked to bring back to King’s Lynn so we are really pleased to be able to put him on the Tuesday Market Stage again.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
“The committee is really pleased with our superb acts so far because they will, as always, appeal to a broad audience but there is also going to be a special guest act for the final night which we will announce soon.”
For more information visit www.festivaltoo.co.uk