Spandau Ballet to perform at Newmarket Nights - joining Sir Tom Jones and Madness on summer line-up
- Credit: © Scarlet Page
National treasures Spandau Ballet will be returning to Newmarket Racecourse to perform at The Jockey Club Live presents ‘An Evening At The Races’ event after a five year absence.
The band, celebrating their 35th anniversary this year, will appear at the concert as part of the annual Newmarket Nights season after their last performance in 2010.
They will be staged at the course and are among a host of high profile acts performing at the event, including Sir Tom Jones and Madness.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “we are delighted to be welcoming back Spandau Ballet. They attracted an audience of 20,000 in 2010 and the band remains as popular as ever.”
Renowned for their ‘True’ and ‘Gold’ hits, the group have sold over 25 million records and amassed 23 hit singles globally since their birth in 1980 and reformation in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Spandau are on a world tour, with visits to Europe, USA and Australia planned before arriving back in the UK to perform at the famous racing venue.
The event is on August 14. Tickets cost £25 for adults and £13 for under 18s. For further information on the event, visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk, http://www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk or contact Chuff Media on 020 8281 0989.
- 1 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 6 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 7 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager