Spraying on the style and dancing skill with a stage show of Hairspray at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A riotous tale of dancing takes to the stage at Wisbech with a performance of hairspray the Musical.
It’s 1962 in Baltimore and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire - to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show.
When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star.
She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning teen queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin and integrate a TV network, all without denting her “do”.
Behind the sunny smiles and happy songs is also a throwback tale of the days of racial segregation.
You may also want to watch:
Hairspray is being staged by RATz and is directed by Kevin Shippey.
It can be seen during half term week at The Angles on Tuesday 28, Wednesday 29, Thursday 30, Friday October 31 and Saturday November 1.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
With music by Marc Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman this amateur production is presented by arrangement with Josef Einberger on behalf of Music Theatre International of New York.
Tickets cost £11 (£9 concessions) with a 7.30pm start.