Spraying on the style and dancing skill with a stage show of Hairspray at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A riotous tale of dancing takes to the stage at Wisbech with a performance of hairspray the Musical.
It’s 1962 in Baltimore and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire - to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show.
When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star.
She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning teen queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin and integrate a TV network, all without denting her “do”.
Behind the sunny smiles and happy songs is also a throwback tale of the days of racial segregation.
You may also want to watch:
Hairspray is being staged by RATz and is directed by Kevin Shippey.
It can be seen during half term week at The Angles on Tuesday 28, Wednesday 29, Thursday 30, Friday October 31 and Saturday November 1.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
With music by Marc Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman this amateur production is presented by arrangement with Josef Einberger on behalf of Music Theatre International of New York.
Tickets cost £11 (£9 concessions) with a 7.30pm start.