Spraying on the style and dancing skill with a stage show of Hairspray at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A riotous tale of dancing takes to the stage at Wisbech with a performance of hairspray the Musical.
It’s 1962 in Baltimore and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire - to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show.
When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star.
She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning teen queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin and integrate a TV network, all without denting her “do”.
Behind the sunny smiles and happy songs is also a throwback tale of the days of racial segregation.
You may also want to watch:
Hairspray is being staged by RATz and is directed by Kevin Shippey.
It can be seen during half term week at The Angles on Tuesday 28, Wednesday 29, Thursday 30, Friday October 31 and Saturday November 1.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
With music by Marc Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman this amateur production is presented by arrangement with Josef Einberger on behalf of Music Theatre International of New York.
Tickets cost £11 (£9 concessions) with a 7.30pm start.