St Petersburg Blagovest Ensemble to perform at Fenland village church
A RUSSIAN choir come to Fenland village church later this month to enchant audiences during their latest UK tour.
The St Petersburg Blagovest Ensemble will perform at St Peter’s Church in Wimblington on Sunday September 25.
Conducted by Olga Kozlova, the group has won many fans across the country for their high professionalism and passion for the music they love to share.
They are based at the St Petersburg Conservatoire - the centre of traditional Russian choral music. Formed in 1987, they have preformed across Europe and participated in the cultural programme of the 2004 Olympic Games held in Athens.
Their concert repertoire includes pearls of Russian choral a cappella music, both spiritual and secular.
You may also want to watch:
Russian choral spiritual music was banned in Soviet Russia for almost 70 years, but the genre is experiencing a second birth thanks to the devotion of groups like the Blagovest Ensemble.
The Ensemble will perform a concert of sacred and folk music at the church from 7.30pm. Tickets are free, with a retiring collection, but advance booking is recommended.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick
To book your place contact Jackie on 01354 740219, Ian on 01354 740172 or Peter on 01354 741872.