St Petersburg Blagovest Ensemble to perform at Fenland village church
A RUSSIAN choir come to Fenland village church later this month to enchant audiences during their latest UK tour.
The St Petersburg Blagovest Ensemble will perform at St Peter’s Church in Wimblington on Sunday September 25.
Conducted by Olga Kozlova, the group has won many fans across the country for their high professionalism and passion for the music they love to share.
They are based at the St Petersburg Conservatoire - the centre of traditional Russian choral music. Formed in 1987, they have preformed across Europe and participated in the cultural programme of the 2004 Olympic Games held in Athens.
Their concert repertoire includes pearls of Russian choral a cappella music, both spiritual and secular.
Russian choral spiritual music was banned in Soviet Russia for almost 70 years, but the genre is experiencing a second birth thanks to the devotion of groups like the Blagovest Ensemble.
The Ensemble will perform a concert of sacred and folk music at the church from 7.30pm. Tickets are free, with a retiring collection, but advance booking is recommended.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
To book your place contact Jackie on 01354 740219, Ian on 01354 740172 or Peter on 01354 741872.