St Petersburg Blagovest Ensemble to perform at Fenland village church
A RUSSIAN choir come to Fenland village church later this month to enchant audiences during their latest UK tour.
The St Petersburg Blagovest Ensemble will perform at St Peter’s Church in Wimblington on Sunday September 25.
Conducted by Olga Kozlova, the group has won many fans across the country for their high professionalism and passion for the music they love to share.
They are based at the St Petersburg Conservatoire - the centre of traditional Russian choral music. Formed in 1987, they have preformed across Europe and participated in the cultural programme of the 2004 Olympic Games held in Athens.
Their concert repertoire includes pearls of Russian choral a cappella music, both spiritual and secular.
You may also want to watch:
Russian choral spiritual music was banned in Soviet Russia for almost 70 years, but the genre is experiencing a second birth thanks to the devotion of groups like the Blagovest Ensemble.
The Ensemble will perform a concert of sacred and folk music at the church from 7.30pm. Tickets are free, with a retiring collection, but advance booking is recommended.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
To book your place contact Jackie on 01354 740219, Ian on 01354 740172 or Peter on 01354 741872.