Star booking for Shire Horse Society’s Spring Show in Peterborough
A STAR of the Shire horse world is set to appear in Peterborough this weekend.
The Shire Horse Society is hosting its Spring Show at the East of England Showground and Drum Horse Celt, from the Cavalry Regiment of the Blues and Royals, will be the star attraction.
He will make a special appearance in the Pageant of the Shire Horse, which will take place at 6.15pm on Saturday. He will also be available to meet his fans in the stable during the day.
David Ralley-Davies, Deputy Secretary of the Shire Horse Society, said: “We are delighted to have Celt and his rider here at the show. They will prove a wonderful addition to the Pageant, which will tell the story of the Shire horse breed.”
The show, which will feature more than 300 Shire horses, is the largest of its kind in the world and will take place from Friday to Sunday.
Entry to the show, taking place in the exhibition hall, is free on Friday. Discounted advance tickets for Saturday and Sunday are available to purchase online at www.showground.org.uk.
The show, which attracts thousands of visitors, opens at 12noon with an auction of Shire horse equipment and memorabilia. The weekend will be packed with shows including in-hand, harness, turn outs and agricultural implement classes.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
The largest farriery competition on heavy horses in England will take place and there will be a display of vintage tractors and farm machinery.
There will also be a Victorian funfair, trade stands and dog agility activities.
The Shire Horse Society is a registered charity, which aims to promote the breed as a working and leisure horse.
• Advanced tickets for Saturday and Sunday (subject to a booking fee of �1) are priced at family (2+2) �13.50, adult �7.00, senior (65+) �5.00 and children (5-16 years) �4.00 and may be booked by telephone – 0845 600 5445 or online at www.showground.org.uk
On-the-gate-admission Saturday and Sunday: family (2+2) �16.50, adult �8.00, senior (65+) �6.00 and children (5-16 years) �5.00. Car parking is free.