Star booking for Shire Horse Society’s Spring Show in Peterborough
A STAR of the Shire horse world is set to appear in Peterborough this weekend.
The Shire Horse Society is hosting its Spring Show at the East of England Showground and Drum Horse Celt, from the Cavalry Regiment of the Blues and Royals, will be the star attraction.
He will make a special appearance in the Pageant of the Shire Horse, which will take place at 6.15pm on Saturday. He will also be available to meet his fans in the stable during the day.
David Ralley-Davies, Deputy Secretary of the Shire Horse Society, said: “We are delighted to have Celt and his rider here at the show. They will prove a wonderful addition to the Pageant, which will tell the story of the Shire horse breed.”
The show, which will feature more than 300 Shire horses, is the largest of its kind in the world and will take place from Friday to Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the show, taking place in the exhibition hall, is free on Friday. Discounted advance tickets for Saturday and Sunday are available to purchase online at www.showground.org.uk.
The show, which attracts thousands of visitors, opens at 12noon with an auction of Shire horse equipment and memorabilia. The weekend will be packed with shows including in-hand, harness, turn outs and agricultural implement classes.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The largest farriery competition on heavy horses in England will take place and there will be a display of vintage tractors and farm machinery.
There will also be a Victorian funfair, trade stands and dog agility activities.
The Shire Horse Society is a registered charity, which aims to promote the breed as a working and leisure horse.
• Advanced tickets for Saturday and Sunday (subject to a booking fee of �1) are priced at family (2+2) �13.50, adult �7.00, senior (65+) �5.00 and children (5-16 years) �4.00 and may be booked by telephone – 0845 600 5445 or online at www.showground.org.uk
On-the-gate-admission Saturday and Sunday: family (2+2) �16.50, adult �8.00, senior (65+) �6.00 and children (5-16 years) �5.00. Car parking is free.