Steam in for a day of art deco at Nene Valley Railway
- Credit: Archant
Art deco meets high Victorian style as Steampunk comes to the Nene Valley Railway.
Drawn together by their shared love of the past this collaboration sees the railway using their vintage continental rolling stock as an unusual backdrop for a first Steampunk event taking place on Saturday May 10.
Frivolous and fun the festival will feature more than 20 stalls set up in the beautiful deco carriages selling Steampunk related items, costumes, jewellery and other related trinkets.
Participants like to dress to impress because above all it is about being splendid,
You don’t have to be a Steampunk to attend though, the public are invited to mingle with the great and the good and enjoy the spectacle for just the price of a platform ticket.
You may also want to watch:
It’s worth coming along just to see the amazing costumes.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow