Steam in for a day of art deco at Nene Valley Railway
- Credit: Archant
Art deco meets high Victorian style as Steampunk comes to the Nene Valley Railway.
Drawn together by their shared love of the past this collaboration sees the railway using their vintage continental rolling stock as an unusual backdrop for a first Steampunk event taking place on Saturday May 10.
Frivolous and fun the festival will feature more than 20 stalls set up in the beautiful deco carriages selling Steampunk related items, costumes, jewellery and other related trinkets.
Participants like to dress to impress because above all it is about being splendid,
You don’t have to be a Steampunk to attend though, the public are invited to mingle with the great and the good and enjoy the spectacle for just the price of a platform ticket.
It’s worth coming along just to see the amazing costumes.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?