Students shine at photography exhibition at the Isle campus in Wisbech
SECOND year extended diploma photography students from the College of West Anglia exhibited their work at the Isle campus on Wednesday and Thursday.
Monies raised through running a professional photo booth at the event will be donated to the Rays of Sunshine Charity.
The charity aims to grant the wishes of children who are living with serious or life-threatening illnesses between the ages of 3-18.
Lecturer Penny Sully said: “The students have worked exceptionally hard and achieved a diverse and exciting range of work. To have the chance to display their work to the public is key to their continuing success and experience”.
Amongst the exhibits on display was work by David J Blanks a mature student from King’s Lynn, who has been shortlisted to exhibit work at the 2012 ArtMAD Cultural Olympiad competition held by Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA).
You may also want to watch:
The theme is to interpret the Olympic motto Citius, Altius, Fortius (Faster, Higher, and Stronger). The entries will be shown in an exhibition at The Forum, Norwich from Saturday 31st March - Wednesday 10th April as part of NUCA - Live at The Forum with a private viewing on Monday 2nd April.
David said: “I’m thrilled that my work depicting a skate boarder was shortlisted to take part in the ArtMad competition. I’m looking forward to seeing my work exhibited at The Forum in Norwich; it’s a great boost to the confidence”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 5 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 6 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
For further information about photography courses at the Isle campus go to the website www.cwa.ac.uk or contact the college on 01945 582561.