Summer time fun in Chatteris as council stage free live entertainment shows
FRIDAY is fun time in Chatteris this summer, with the town council staging free live entertainment for children during the school holidays.
The first shows takes place today (Friday) July 27 at 11am, with the Bangers and Mash Theatre Company, presenting their interpretation of the well known story ‘The Pied Piper of Hamelin’.
The shows, which each last around 50 minutes, continue for three more Friday mornings. There is no entry charge, but all youngsters must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Although the shows are primarily aimed at three to nine year olds, younger and older members of the family are bound to find the shows entertaining.
The fun continues next Friday, August 3, with clown Stripey Wipey; and on August 10, the Booster Cushion Theatre returns with their new Olympics inspired show, ‘Hansel, Gretel and You...Who?’.
You may also want to watch:
Bringing the series of shows to a close on August 17 will be jester fun with Chatteris-based entertainers Devilstick Peat and Dragonfly.
There is no need to book for the shows, just turn up on the day and enjoy the fun.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'