Summer time fun in Chatteris as council stage free live entertainment shows
FRIDAY is fun time in Chatteris this summer, with the town council staging free live entertainment for children during the school holidays.
The first shows takes place today (Friday) July 27 at 11am, with the Bangers and Mash Theatre Company, presenting their interpretation of the well known story ‘The Pied Piper of Hamelin’.
The shows, which each last around 50 minutes, continue for three more Friday mornings. There is no entry charge, but all youngsters must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Although the shows are primarily aimed at three to nine year olds, younger and older members of the family are bound to find the shows entertaining.
The fun continues next Friday, August 3, with clown Stripey Wipey; and on August 10, the Booster Cushion Theatre returns with their new Olympics inspired show, ‘Hansel, Gretel and You...Who?’.
Bringing the series of shows to a close on August 17 will be jester fun with Chatteris-based entertainers Devilstick Peat and Dragonfly.
There is no need to book for the shows, just turn up on the day and enjoy the fun.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'