Take a step back to the Sixties with a night of music at The Peterborough Cresset
- Credit: Archant
The ultimate 60’s extravaganza is visiting venues across the UK on its 50th anniversary tour and for one night six legendary names take to the stage in Peterborough for an unforgettable night.
Herman’s Hermits, The Swinging Blue Jeans, Dave Berry, The Union Gap uk, The Ivy League and Alan Mosca from Freddie and The Dreamers will be at the Cresset with a nostalgic night packed with hits such as I’m Into Something Good, Something Is Happening, No Milk Today, Mrs Brown You’ve Got A Lovely Daughter, Wonderful World, My Sentimental Friend, Hippy Hippy Shake and Tossing And Turning.
Herman’s Hermits throughout the mid-60’s music scene proved to be a dominating force worldwide. From 1964 the band chalked up over 23 top 20 singles, 10 hit albums and three 3 major movies.
The Swinging Blue Jeans have a history that spans back to the 1960’s. Over the years their hit singles Hippy Hippy Shake, You’re No Good, Good Golly Miss Molly and Don’t Make Me Over have been the bedrock of the bands memorable live performances.
Dave Berry’s heart has always remained in the 60’s, when his top 10 singles, The Crying Game, Memphis Tennessee, Mama, Little Things and My Baby Left Me led to highly successful concert appearances at the most prestigious venues throughout the United Kingdom.
You may also want to watch:
The Union Gapuk will perform such classics as Young Girl which hit the number one spot in the UK & number two in the USA.
The Ivy League Perry Ford introduced Dave Buckley into the band during the 60’s to add his unique falsetto voice creating The Ivy League sound. When most 60’s bands had faded away, Dave later joined by Jon Brennan and Mike Brice have kept The Ivy League going from strength to strength maintaining their popularity to the present day.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
They have built the show into one of the finest musical/comedy acts in the country .
Hosted by Alan Mosca from Freddie & The Dreamers the tour will be at the Peterborough Cresset on Friday November 7 at 7.30pm. Tickets are £26.50.