Take a trip back to the 1940s at Ramsey weekender
FANCY taking a trip down memory lane? If you’re feeling nostalgic then Ramsey is the place to be as it hosts its 1940s weekend once again.
The annual event, being held this year on Saturday August 21 and Sunday August 22, will celebrate all things Forties at RAF Upwood, near Ramsey. The occasion is a blast from the past for those looking to reminisce about, or understand, a different decade.
Vintage vehicles, history stalls, fashion shows and display’s by classic aircrafts are just a few of the historical delights on display. Jitterbug and Lindy Hop dance sessions, coupled with music of the era, create the soundtrack for the weekend of fun.
The highlight of the event is Saturday evening’s 1940s dance held in one of RAF Upwood’s old aircraft hangars. Those that purchase tickets can party the night away to the Opus One Big Band and even though 40s dress is encouraged it’s not essential.
Visitors can even arrive at the event in style for free as a vintage bus will be running several trips throughout the day from Ramsey.
Although the weekend is clearly about the past there is a serious aim to help charities in the future. All profits are donated to a host of organisations including national cancer charities and local pensioner and youth groups.
Stewards are still needed to help at the weekend and no experience is required. Simple tasks such as giving directions can be performed while walking around the show itself. Anyone willing to assist should e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
Entrance: Adults �7.50, children and senior citizens �5 and family ticket (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children) �20.
Tickets for the dance are limited but can be purchased at �15 each from the event’s website, www.ramsey1940sweekend.info, or in person at Carousel, 24a-24b, Great Whyte, Ramsey.