Take a trip back to the 1940s at Ramsey weekender
FANCY taking a trip down memory lane? If you’re feeling nostalgic then Ramsey is the place to be as it hosts its 1940s weekend once again.
The annual event, being held this year on Saturday August 21 and Sunday August 22, will celebrate all things Forties at RAF Upwood, near Ramsey. The occasion is a blast from the past for those looking to reminisce about, or understand, a different decade.
Vintage vehicles, history stalls, fashion shows and display’s by classic aircrafts are just a few of the historical delights on display. Jitterbug and Lindy Hop dance sessions, coupled with music of the era, create the soundtrack for the weekend of fun.
The highlight of the event is Saturday evening’s 1940s dance held in one of RAF Upwood’s old aircraft hangars. Those that purchase tickets can party the night away to the Opus One Big Band and even though 40s dress is encouraged it’s not essential.
Visitors can even arrive at the event in style for free as a vintage bus will be running several trips throughout the day from Ramsey.
Although the weekend is clearly about the past there is a serious aim to help charities in the future. All profits are donated to a host of organisations including national cancer charities and local pensioner and youth groups.
Stewards are still needed to help at the weekend and no experience is required. Simple tasks such as giving directions can be performed while walking around the show itself. Anyone willing to assist should e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 3 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Dr Who/Alice in Wonderland parody mashup performance comes to March this Summer
- 10 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
Entrance: Adults �7.50, children and senior citizens �5 and family ticket (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children) �20.
Tickets for the dance are limited but can be purchased at �15 each from the event’s website, www.ramsey1940sweekend.info, or in person at Carousel, 24a-24b, Great Whyte, Ramsey.