Tales of John McEnroe coming to Cambridgeshire as Wimbledon umpire Mercer reveals all
BEHIND the scenes stories about some of the world’s top sports stars will be revealed when a well-known commentator and tennis umpire comes to Cambridgeshire.
David Mercer – who umpired the 1984 Men’s Wimbledon Final between John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors – will be giving an illustrated talk about his life in sport at St Peter’s Church in Ely.
Profits from the evening will go to the Rotary Foundation which is working with the World Health Organisation to eliminate polio worldwide.
The evening begins at 8pm on April 9. There are only 180 tickets available for the event which are priced at �10 in advance or �11 on the door.
Entry price will include a glass or wine or soft drink.
You may also want to watch:
Contact: Alan Hampton on 01354 648181 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart