Tales of John McEnroe coming to Cambridgeshire as Wimbledon umpire Mercer reveals all
BEHIND the scenes stories about some of the world’s top sports stars will be revealed when a well-known commentator and tennis umpire comes to Cambridgeshire.
David Mercer – who umpired the 1984 Men’s Wimbledon Final between John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors – will be giving an illustrated talk about his life in sport at St Peter’s Church in Ely.
Profits from the evening will go to the Rotary Foundation which is working with the World Health Organisation to eliminate polio worldwide.
The evening begins at 8pm on April 9. There are only 180 tickets available for the event which are priced at �10 in advance or �11 on the door.
Entry price will include a glass or wine or soft drink.
You may also want to watch:
Contact: Alan Hampton on 01354 648181 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s