Tales of John McEnroe coming to Cambridgeshire as Wimbledon umpire Mercer reveals all
BEHIND the scenes stories about some of the world’s top sports stars will be revealed when a well-known commentator and tennis umpire comes to Cambridgeshire.
David Mercer – who umpired the 1984 Men’s Wimbledon Final between John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors – will be giving an illustrated talk about his life in sport at St Peter’s Church in Ely.
Profits from the evening will go to the Rotary Foundation which is working with the World Health Organisation to eliminate polio worldwide.
The evening begins at 8pm on April 9. There are only 180 tickets available for the event which are priced at �10 in advance or �11 on the door.
Entry price will include a glass or wine or soft drink.
Contact: Alan Hampton on 01354 648181 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash