‘teenage Spirit’ locomotive set for Nene Valley Railway appearance as part of three day gala event
- Credit: Archant
Nene Valley Railway’s diesel gala to be held on May 16, 17, 18 will feature the modern “Class 60” Locomotive Number 60074 ‘Teenage Spirit’ which appears alongside nine heritage locomotives
This locomotive was named in support of the Teenage Cancer trust and appears by kind permission of DB Schenker Rail (UK).
Because this is a modern freight locomotive it has never pulled passengers let alone visited a preserved railway and its appearance at the NVR gala has caused ripple of excitement in the railway world.
DB Schenker’s part in making this happen must not be underestimated it was not just a case of lending the locomotive to the railway, it was quite a logistics operation to make sure that the locomotive was on a trip that terminated in Peterborough just before the event so it could be made available for the weekend.
The Teenage Cancer Trust will be present at the event raising funds in Peterborough for their cause and the Nene Valley railway are thrilled to be part of supporting such an extremely worthwhile charity.
You may also want to watch:
More details www.nvr.org.uk 01780 784444
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail