‘teenage Spirit’ locomotive set for Nene Valley Railway appearance as part of three day gala event
- Credit: Archant
Nene Valley Railway’s diesel gala to be held on May 16, 17, 18 will feature the modern “Class 60” Locomotive Number 60074 ‘Teenage Spirit’ which appears alongside nine heritage locomotives
This locomotive was named in support of the Teenage Cancer trust and appears by kind permission of DB Schenker Rail (UK).
Because this is a modern freight locomotive it has never pulled passengers let alone visited a preserved railway and its appearance at the NVR gala has caused ripple of excitement in the railway world.
DB Schenker’s part in making this happen must not be underestimated it was not just a case of lending the locomotive to the railway, it was quite a logistics operation to make sure that the locomotive was on a trip that terminated in Peterborough just before the event so it could be made available for the weekend.
The Teenage Cancer Trust will be present at the event raising funds in Peterborough for their cause and the Nene Valley railway are thrilled to be part of supporting such an extremely worthwhile charity.
You may also want to watch:
More details www.nvr.org.uk 01780 784444
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home