Terry Alderton to star in first stand up comedy night at Wisbech’s Act Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Rising comedy star Terry Alderton will headline the first stand up comedy show to be hosted by the new Act Theatre in Wisbech, based at the Thomas Clarkson Academy.
Terry is one of the most exciting comedians around, regularly performing all over the globe.
He has been Perrier nominated in Edinburgh and recently won the 3 Weeks Critics award. He has worked with Joan Rivers and Eddie Izzard who proclaimed him to be a “very funny comic with a fantastic comedy mind, but someone who really ought to seek some sort of professional help!” MC for the night will be Chris Gilbert, who has been described as “A keen, confident performer with his best material as sharp as his suits.”
Also on the bill are the Two Johns, a new act described by Keith Allen as ‘astoundingly good”, and “The future of comedy!” by Jon Richardson.
This is a new double act with comedian/singer - Johnny Spurling - (and someone else known only as ‘John’).
You may also want to watch:
It’s old school vaudeville meets the future of entertainment, with songs, madness, and a removal of the fourth wall...well not just
removed, smashed to pieces!
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
The show takes place on Saturday October 19 at 7.30pm. Tickets: £15 (£14 for concessions)Box office 01945 474447 or www.act-theatre.co.uk