Terry Alderton to star in first stand up comedy night at Wisbech’s Act Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Rising comedy star Terry Alderton will headline the first stand up comedy show to be hosted by the new Act Theatre in Wisbech, based at the Thomas Clarkson Academy.
Terry is one of the most exciting comedians around, regularly performing all over the globe.
He has been Perrier nominated in Edinburgh and recently won the 3 Weeks Critics award. He has worked with Joan Rivers and Eddie Izzard who proclaimed him to be a “very funny comic with a fantastic comedy mind, but someone who really ought to seek some sort of professional help!” MC for the night will be Chris Gilbert, who has been described as “A keen, confident performer with his best material as sharp as his suits.”
Also on the bill are the Two Johns, a new act described by Keith Allen as ‘astoundingly good”, and “The future of comedy!” by Jon Richardson.
This is a new double act with comedian/singer - Johnny Spurling - (and someone else known only as ‘John’).
It’s old school vaudeville meets the future of entertainment, with songs, madness, and a removal of the fourth wall...well not just
removed, smashed to pieces!
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
The show takes place on Saturday October 19 at 7.30pm. Tickets: £15 (£14 for concessions)Box office 01945 474447 or www.act-theatre.co.uk