The musical enigma of King Charles
KING Charles is something of a musical enigma.
Difficult to pigeon-hole, the singer/songwriter is preparing to unleash on the world his debut album, LoveBlood, and will be showing off material from that record when he plays in Cambridge later this month.
Charles featured in a plethora of “Sound of 2012” lists at the start of the year, and looks set to hit the big-time in the next 12 months. It is a far cry from two years ago, when he was involved in a skiing accident which left him in a coma with severe brain trama.
After ten days in internsive care, the early months of 2010 were spent on the road to recovery, but the singer’s ordeal inspired him to finish writing LoveBlood.
Several months later he won an International Song Writing Competition in Nashville for his track Love Lust, and was subsequently invited to tour with Mumford and Sons as they made their way around the states.
You may also want to watch:
Described as a “glam-folk” singer, Charles’ style is said to be infectious and unique. Judge for yourself when he plays at the Porland Arms on Sunday, March 11. Tickets are �8 and the gig starts at 8pm. Advance tickets are available from www.greenmind.co.uk.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim