The Script confirmed as first act for Forest Live 2015 concerts at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Irish pop band The Script is the first act to be announced for Forest Live 2015, the annual summer music series at Thetford Forest organised by the Forestry Commission.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission to bring both music and forests to new audiences.
Income generated from ticket sales is spent on protecting, improving and expanding England’s forests and woodlands and increasing their value to people and wildlife.
With everything required for a great night out, including full catering and bar facilities, the gigs are renowned for their relaxed atmosphere.
Danny O’Donoghue, frontman of The Script, said: “We love performing live and our biennial gig in the woods is becoming a bit of a touring tradition, so we are really looking forward to playing Thetford Forest again in 2015.”
The Script plus guests will be performing at Thetford Forest on Thursday, July 2.
Tickets go on sale today at 9am – they cost £37.50 (plus £3.75 booking fee)
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
To purchase, contact the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400, or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music