The Wanted, Tom Jones and Peter Andre join Newmarket Nights line-up
BOYBAND The Wanted have been announced as the penultimate act for this year’s Newmarket Nights 25th anniversary celebrations.
The summer Friday evening events at Newmarket Racecourses have been extremely popular. Horse racing in the early evening is followed by a spectacular open air concern by a top band or artist.
The Wanted will join Tom Jones, Texas, Peter Andre and a number of other stars in performing during Newmarket Racecourses’ summer season of horse racing and music nights. The five-piece will perform on Friday July 29.
The band, made up of Jay McGuinness (20), Max George (21), Nathan Sykes (17), Siva Kaneswaran (21) and Tom Parker (22) have enjoyed massive success since forming in 2009. Their debut single ‘All Time Low’ went straight in at number one in the UK charts.
They have continued to have chart success with two further singles, ‘Heart Vacancy’ and ‘Lose My Mind’ from their self-titled debut album and are currently working on a second album.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Wallis, Newmarket Racecourses managing director, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming The Wanted to The July Course this summer.
“As in previous years, we expect tickets for this year’s Nights to sell phenomenally fast and so I would urge people to book early in order to ensure their ticket.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Prices for the July 29 extravaganza are as follows; Adults - premier enclosure (�31), grandstand and paddock (�21) and garden enclosure (�16). Children - premier enclosure and grandstand and paddock (�16) and garden enclosure (�12). Once the limited number of child’s tickets have been sold, children will be charged at the full adult rate.
Visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or call 0844 579 3010 to book tickets.