The Wanted, Tom Jones and Peter Andre join Newmarket Nights line-up
BOYBAND The Wanted have been announced as the penultimate act for this year’s Newmarket Nights 25th anniversary celebrations.
The summer Friday evening events at Newmarket Racecourses have been extremely popular. Horse racing in the early evening is followed by a spectacular open air concern by a top band or artist.
The Wanted will join Tom Jones, Texas, Peter Andre and a number of other stars in performing during Newmarket Racecourses’ summer season of horse racing and music nights. The five-piece will perform on Friday July 29.
The band, made up of Jay McGuinness (20), Max George (21), Nathan Sykes (17), Siva Kaneswaran (21) and Tom Parker (22) have enjoyed massive success since forming in 2009. Their debut single ‘All Time Low’ went straight in at number one in the UK charts.
They have continued to have chart success with two further singles, ‘Heart Vacancy’ and ‘Lose My Mind’ from their self-titled debut album and are currently working on a second album.
Stephen Wallis, Newmarket Racecourses managing director, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming The Wanted to The July Course this summer.
“As in previous years, we expect tickets for this year’s Nights to sell phenomenally fast and so I would urge people to book early in order to ensure their ticket.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
Prices for the July 29 extravaganza are as follows; Adults - premier enclosure (�31), grandstand and paddock (�21) and garden enclosure (�16). Children - premier enclosure and grandstand and paddock (�16) and garden enclosure (�12). Once the limited number of child’s tickets have been sold, children will be charged at the full adult rate.
Visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or call 0844 579 3010 to book tickets.