Theatre producer returns to former Fenland school for first time with show celebrating Shakespeare
- Credit: Archant
A successful theatre producer returns to his theatrical roots when he brings his acclaimed show to Wisbech’s newest venue later this month.
It will be a blast from the past for Davey Naylor when he brings the Reduced Shakespeare Company’s Complete Works of Shakespeare (abridged) to the Act Theatre on Saturday, November 30.
Not only is the theatre located at his old school, Thomas Clarkson Academy – formerly the Queens Boys School – but Davey also learned his craft at the Angles Theatre as a teenager.
His parents ran the Angles Theatre during the 1970s and from the age of eight to 16 he worked backstage on almost every show put on at the historic venue.
Davey, who was known then by his middle name Jamie, said: “This will be my first return to my old school site and I am proud to be coming with such a great show.
You may also want to watch:
“I learned all about theatre production while a school boy in Wisbech and I have been really fortunate to make a living out of it.”
The critically acclaimed show ran for nine years in the West End and the Wisbech performance is the end of a successful 45-date national tour.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
The Reduced Shakespeare Company is a three-man comedy troupe that since the early 1980s has created eight stage shows, two television specials and numerous radio pieces.
Davey said: “It really is a fabulous show that will have the audience in stitches. It’s great for those of all ages. We have had eight-year-olds come along and enjoy it as there is something for everyone.”
There are still some tickets left for the show. To book, call the box office on 01945 474447 or visit www.act-theatre.co.uk