Three artists team up for exhibition at Octavia View, Wisbech
THREE artists have teamed up to share an exhibition at Octavia View entitled ‘Trio’.
Gina Matthews, Barbara Conlay and Deborah Gilham first met at Skylark Studio where they all take an art class together.
Their exhibition, held in conjunction with arts organisation Atelier East, will run from October 8 until November 3.
Karen Harvey, of Atelier East, said: “Each Artist has had involvement with Atelier East through other exhibitions and after the brilliant artwork that has been seen before, it only seemed fitting to get these three together for one big show.”
On the subject of art and how they came together to create it, Gina said: “I’ve always enjoyed drawing I’ve never taken formal lessons until I went to Louise Stebbing’s studio about four years ago. Since then I’ve tried all sorts of mediums and have done some printmaking, which I’ve especially enjoyed.”
You may also want to watch:
Barbara said: “I remember as a child, balancing a large book on my knees and looking through the pages at the pictures painted by artists who lived long ago. I cannot remember a time when I was not interested in looking at paintings.”
Deborah added: “I have always wanted to draw and paint, and have pottered at it over the years. Since retiring, I’ve been able to do more, and going to Skylark Studios has been my first formal training. Louise has been a brilliant teacher, allowing us to develop our own styles.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
There will be a mix of all types of mediums from collage to linocuts to acrylic; it will be an exciting month of artwork.
A private view will be held at Octavia View on October 7 from 7-9pm with refreshments provided. This is a chance to get a glimpse of the artwork and the artists who created them all together.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to attend.