Three artists team up for exhibition at Octavia View, Wisbech
THREE artists have teamed up to share an exhibition at Octavia View entitled ‘Trio’.
Gina Matthews, Barbara Conlay and Deborah Gilham first met at Skylark Studio where they all take an art class together.
Their exhibition, held in conjunction with arts organisation Atelier East, will run from October 8 until November 3.
Karen Harvey, of Atelier East, said: “Each Artist has had involvement with Atelier East through other exhibitions and after the brilliant artwork that has been seen before, it only seemed fitting to get these three together for one big show.”
On the subject of art and how they came together to create it, Gina said: “I’ve always enjoyed drawing I’ve never taken formal lessons until I went to Louise Stebbing’s studio about four years ago. Since then I’ve tried all sorts of mediums and have done some printmaking, which I’ve especially enjoyed.”
You may also want to watch:
Barbara said: “I remember as a child, balancing a large book on my knees and looking through the pages at the pictures painted by artists who lived long ago. I cannot remember a time when I was not interested in looking at paintings.”
Deborah added: “I have always wanted to draw and paint, and have pottered at it over the years. Since retiring, I’ve been able to do more, and going to Skylark Studios has been my first formal training. Louise has been a brilliant teacher, allowing us to develop our own styles.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
There will be a mix of all types of mediums from collage to linocuts to acrylic; it will be an exciting month of artwork.
A private view will be held at Octavia View on October 7 from 7-9pm with refreshments provided. This is a chance to get a glimpse of the artwork and the artists who created them all together.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.