Three artists team up for exhibition at Octavia View, Wisbech
THREE artists have teamed up to share an exhibition at Octavia View entitled ‘Trio’.
Gina Matthews, Barbara Conlay and Deborah Gilham first met at Skylark Studio where they all take an art class together.
Their exhibition, held in conjunction with arts organisation Atelier East, will run from October 8 until November 3.
Karen Harvey, of Atelier East, said: “Each Artist has had involvement with Atelier East through other exhibitions and after the brilliant artwork that has been seen before, it only seemed fitting to get these three together for one big show.”
On the subject of art and how they came together to create it, Gina said: “I’ve always enjoyed drawing I’ve never taken formal lessons until I went to Louise Stebbing’s studio about four years ago. Since then I’ve tried all sorts of mediums and have done some printmaking, which I’ve especially enjoyed.”
Barbara said: “I remember as a child, balancing a large book on my knees and looking through the pages at the pictures painted by artists who lived long ago. I cannot remember a time when I was not interested in looking at paintings.”
Deborah added: “I have always wanted to draw and paint, and have pottered at it over the years. Since retiring, I’ve been able to do more, and going to Skylark Studios has been my first formal training. Louise has been a brilliant teacher, allowing us to develop our own styles.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
There will be a mix of all types of mediums from collage to linocuts to acrylic; it will be an exciting month of artwork.
A private view will be held at Octavia View on October 7 from 7-9pm with refreshments provided. This is a chance to get a glimpse of the artwork and the artists who created them all together.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.