Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- Credit: EMILY DUNNETT
Dozens of pints were pulled and enjoyed by outdoor punters enjoying the sunny weather over the weekend following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Emily Dunnett, who runs the riverside pub and restaurant with her sister, said: "We had a really successful opening weekend and are very grateful to everyone who came out and bought a pizza and pint by the river.
"It makes us even more excited to be able to reopen our brand new riverside restaurant later this summer."
She added that despite the hospitality sector having faced a "tough time over the past year", they are starting renovation work.
The makeover includes 10 boutique hotel rooms, a conservatory restaurant overlooking the river and a new garden bar.
You may also want to watch:
The team is also looking for an experienced chef to take on their newly-renovated restaurant to run as their own business.
- 1 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 6 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'