Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- Credit: EMILY DUNNETT
Dozens of pints were pulled and enjoyed by outdoor punters enjoying the sunny weather over the weekend following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Emily Dunnett, who runs the riverside pub and restaurant with her sister, said: "We had a really successful opening weekend and are very grateful to everyone who came out and bought a pizza and pint by the river.
"It makes us even more excited to be able to reopen our brand new riverside restaurant later this summer."
She added that despite the hospitality sector having faced a "tough time over the past year", they are starting renovation work.
The makeover includes 10 boutique hotel rooms, a conservatory restaurant overlooking the river and a new garden bar.
The team is also looking for an experienced chef to take on their newly-renovated restaurant to run as their own business.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing