Time for rhyme in a new poetry and art book launched in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences in Cambridge formed the perfect backdrop for the launch of Glass Cases and Curios, a brand new pamphlet of poetry and art inspired by museums throughout the East of England.
.The limited edition publication is a unique collection of poetry and art produced by creative consultant Karen Harvey and Fenland Poet Laureate Leanne Moden.
It features the work of twenty-two talented writers and artists from across the Eastern Counties and includes poems and artwork inspired by the Wisbech and Fenland Museum, as well as museums in Ipswich, Yarmouth, Peterborough, Cambridge and Norwich.
The collection includes writing from three local poet laureates from Fenland, Stamford, and Peterborough, as well as one former Fenland Poet Laureate and several highly acclaimed writers and artists.
The booklet forms part of Leanne’s remit as the Fenland Poet Laureate, a role that seeks to promote poetry, provide creative opportunities and support writers across the region.
You may also want to watch:
The launch night included readings from the booklet by Pete ‘Cardinal’ Cox, Elaine Ewart, Caroline Gill, Pete Irving and J.S. Watts, and the chance for attendees to explore the wonders of the Sedgwick after hours.
The Fenland Poet Laureate Awards were founded in 2011 by Karen Harvey and received initial funding in the form of a highly coveted Clore Poetry & Literature Award.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Now into its third year it has been praised for its role in establishing a shared sense of positive identity in the community.
To get a copy of the Glass Cases and Curios Booklet, you can order online by contacting Karen Harvey on email@example.com The booklets are £4 plus 80p postage and package, and can be paid for via cheque or postal order.