Tower Tours begin this Easter weekend at Peterborough Cathedral.
- Credit: Archant
Tower Tours will begin at Peterborough Cathedral this Easter weekend.
The tours, led by a knowledgeable volunteer guide, takes visitors up the steep stone stairs and onto walkways looking down into the body of the Cathedral.
It goes past the bell ringing chamber and the rare 13th Century wooden winch used by the medieval masons, taking in close-up glimpses of the stained glass and stonework. It also emerges at the top of the tower, near the flag pole. On a fine day you can see views over the city, and sometimes as far as Ely.
Tower Tours, which last around 1 hour and 30 minutes, are scheduled for Saturday March 26 at 11.30am and 1.45pm, bank holiday Monday at 1.45pm and Wednesday March 30 at 1.45pm.
Tickets can be booked via www.peterborough-cathedral.org.uk by calling Peterborough Information Centre on 01733 452336 or at the cathedral welcome desk on the day of the tour (if still available). Children must be 10 or over to take the tour.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Tours will continue on selected Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays until October 2016. Dates will be published on the Cathedral website soon.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car