Tower Tours begin this Easter weekend at Peterborough Cathedral.
- Credit: Archant
Tower Tours will begin at Peterborough Cathedral this Easter weekend.
The tours, led by a knowledgeable volunteer guide, takes visitors up the steep stone stairs and onto walkways looking down into the body of the Cathedral.
It goes past the bell ringing chamber and the rare 13th Century wooden winch used by the medieval masons, taking in close-up glimpses of the stained glass and stonework. It also emerges at the top of the tower, near the flag pole. On a fine day you can see views over the city, and sometimes as far as Ely.
Tower Tours, which last around 1 hour and 30 minutes, are scheduled for Saturday March 26 at 11.30am and 1.45pm, bank holiday Monday at 1.45pm and Wednesday March 30 at 1.45pm.
Tickets can be booked via www.peterborough-cathedral.org.uk by calling Peterborough Information Centre on 01733 452336 or at the cathedral welcome desk on the day of the tour (if still available). Children must be 10 or over to take the tour.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Tours will continue on selected Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays until October 2016. Dates will be published on the Cathedral website soon.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19