Traction engines and heavy horses will be the stars of the 39th Haddenham Steam Rally.
VISITORS are in for a treat when the gates open for the 39th Haddenham Steam Rally, with a variety of traction engines and vintage vehicles on show, along with the ever popular heavy horse show.
The steam rally takes place over two days, Saturday and Sunday, September 8 and 9; and the 25th Haddenham Heavy Horse Show takes place on the Sunday.
Rally Chairman, Kelvin Young said: “Among the delights on display will be both full size and miniature steam traction engines, bygone collections, over 200 vintage cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles.”
Competitors for the heavy horse show come from all over the country to compete. Heavy horses can be seen at work on the site on both days. Other working demonstrations for visitors to enjoy include steam threshing, baling, stone crushing, wood sawing and our popular vintage road making display.
Kelvin added: “For visitors who like to watch the action in the grand ring, we are pleased to welcome the Raptor Foundation with their flying display who will be performing daily.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also delighted to welcome Pauline Reader and her dancers back again, as well as the sound of Dr Busker.”
Other attractions include a funfair with modern rides, along with plus traditional chairoplanes owned by the Starmer family, Michael Rule’s Steam Galloper, and Ken Fox’s magnificent “Wall Of Death”.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
There will also be displays by the Fenland Marine Model Group, the Cambridge City branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club, and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service.
A variety of refreshment and food stalls will be on the field, as well as a licensed bar. A wide selection of trade stands will also be available for visitors to browse, alongside the popular craft marquee.
Entry costs �8 for adults, �6 for OAPs and �3 for children with a special family ticket for �20 (2 adults, 3 children). On site camping is available at �45, although pre-booking is advisable. Free car parking is available. Money raised goes to support local causes, with special thanks to Agreserves and Mr & Mrs J Waller of College Farm for their support.
For further information, check out the website at www.haddenhamsteamrally.co.uk or contact our Rally Secretary, Ruth Young on 07741 019848.