Traders, entertainers and bands prepare for Wisbech Christmas Market - and this year there are real reindeer too!
GET into the festive spirit at Wisbech Christmas Market on Monday.
It’s the place to be, with a huge range of market stalls, street entertainers and live bands ready to greet the thousands of people who flock to the town at the same time every year.
And this year, for the first time, real reindeer will be putting in an appearance as well as Santa and all the other regular attractions.
There will be scores of market stalls where visitors will find all they need for their Christmas at home – everything from turkeys to tinsel, mistletoe to mince pies and beef joints to Brussels sprouts.
Other attractions include a crafts market in St Peter’s Church Hall, a continental market in The Crescent, a Dickensian exhibition in the museum, a Christmas tableau in the Baptist church in Hill Street and a steam-driven pipe organ in Castle Square.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment will be provided by a colourful array of singers and performers, including Phillippe-Philloppe, who were a big hit at this year’s Whittlesey festival, Pedro the Clown and the ever-popular Victorian Strollers.
And don’t miss those reindeer. They’re coming from Melsop Farm Park, near Norwich, and they’ll be in Museum Square.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
There will be plenty of food and drink on offer throughout the town, including a hog roast, hot chestnuts and mulled wine.
The market is one of the Four Seasons events organised by Fenland District Council in partnership with town councils and local community groups.
It will be opened by the Mayor of Wisbech at 10.30am. There will be free park and ride all day, with free parking provided by kind permission of Elme Hall Hotel.