Traders, entertainers and bands prepare for Wisbech Christmas Market - and this year there are real reindeer too!
GET into the festive spirit at Wisbech Christmas Market on Monday.
It’s the place to be, with a huge range of market stalls, street entertainers and live bands ready to greet the thousands of people who flock to the town at the same time every year.
And this year, for the first time, real reindeer will be putting in an appearance as well as Santa and all the other regular attractions.
There will be scores of market stalls where visitors will find all they need for their Christmas at home – everything from turkeys to tinsel, mistletoe to mince pies and beef joints to Brussels sprouts.
Other attractions include a crafts market in St Peter’s Church Hall, a continental market in The Crescent, a Dickensian exhibition in the museum, a Christmas tableau in the Baptist church in Hill Street and a steam-driven pipe organ in Castle Square.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment will be provided by a colourful array of singers and performers, including Phillippe-Philloppe, who were a big hit at this year’s Whittlesey festival, Pedro the Clown and the ever-popular Victorian Strollers.
And don’t miss those reindeer. They’re coming from Melsop Farm Park, near Norwich, and they’ll be in Museum Square.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
There will be plenty of food and drink on offer throughout the town, including a hog roast, hot chestnuts and mulled wine.
The market is one of the Four Seasons events organised by Fenland District Council in partnership with town councils and local community groups.
It will be opened by the Mayor of Wisbech at 10.30am. There will be free park and ride all day, with free parking provided by kind permission of Elme Hall Hotel.