Turn back the clock at Ramsey 1940s weekend
- Credit: Archant
VINTAGE enthusiasts can turn the clock back when Ramsey 1940s Weekend take place at a former anti-aircraft searchlight camp that is being restored to its former glory.
On August 17 and 18, The Camp will provide a backdrop to all things forties, with period vehicle displays, a 1940s garden, re-enactors, period entertainment, a flight simulator and musical entertainment.
Among the entertainers will be authentic 1940s singer Miss Lola Lamour, George Formby look-alike Paul Casper, and leading wartime solo tribute artist Peter Wayre.
A big top circus tent will host dance exhibitions and demonstrations by the Cambs and Beds Lindy Experience, as well as popular afternoon tea dances.
On Saturday night the big band opus One will provide the entertainment, when patrons dress to impress in 1940s glamour, utility clothing, or home front and allied uniforms.
Sunday morning sees a drum head service at 11am, and a moving sunset ceremony to close the event on Sunday afternoon.
Day entry, 10am to 5pm, costs £8 for adults and £5 concessions.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
For more details of dance tickets and pre-booked weekend tickets, see the website www.ramsey1940sweekend.org