Turn back the clock at Ramsey 1940s weekend
- Credit: Archant
VINTAGE enthusiasts can turn the clock back when Ramsey 1940s Weekend take place at a former anti-aircraft searchlight camp that is being restored to its former glory.
On August 17 and 18, The Camp will provide a backdrop to all things forties, with period vehicle displays, a 1940s garden, re-enactors, period entertainment, a flight simulator and musical entertainment.
Among the entertainers will be authentic 1940s singer Miss Lola Lamour, George Formby look-alike Paul Casper, and leading wartime solo tribute artist Peter Wayre.
A big top circus tent will host dance exhibitions and demonstrations by the Cambs and Beds Lindy Experience, as well as popular afternoon tea dances.
On Saturday night the big band opus One will provide the entertainment, when patrons dress to impress in 1940s glamour, utility clothing, or home front and allied uniforms.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday morning sees a drum head service at 11am, and a moving sunset ceremony to close the event on Sunday afternoon.
Day entry, 10am to 5pm, costs £8 for adults and £5 concessions.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
For more details of dance tickets and pre-booked weekend tickets, see the website www.ramsey1940sweekend.org