Turn back the clock at Ramsey 1940s weekend
- Credit: Archant
VINTAGE enthusiasts can turn the clock back when Ramsey 1940s Weekend take place at a former anti-aircraft searchlight camp that is being restored to its former glory.
On August 17 and 18, The Camp will provide a backdrop to all things forties, with period vehicle displays, a 1940s garden, re-enactors, period entertainment, a flight simulator and musical entertainment.
Among the entertainers will be authentic 1940s singer Miss Lola Lamour, George Formby look-alike Paul Casper, and leading wartime solo tribute artist Peter Wayre.
A big top circus tent will host dance exhibitions and demonstrations by the Cambs and Beds Lindy Experience, as well as popular afternoon tea dances.
On Saturday night the big band opus One will provide the entertainment, when patrons dress to impress in 1940s glamour, utility clothing, or home front and allied uniforms.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday morning sees a drum head service at 11am, and a moving sunset ceremony to close the event on Sunday afternoon.
Day entry, 10am to 5pm, costs £8 for adults and £5 concessions.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
For more details of dance tickets and pre-booked weekend tickets, see the website www.ramsey1940sweekend.org