Turn back the clock at Ramsey 1940s weekend
- Credit: Archant
VINTAGE enthusiasts can turn the clock back when Ramsey 1940s Weekend take place at a former anti-aircraft searchlight camp that is being restored to its former glory.
On August 17 and 18, The Camp will provide a backdrop to all things forties, with period vehicle displays, a 1940s garden, re-enactors, period entertainment, a flight simulator and musical entertainment.
Among the entertainers will be authentic 1940s singer Miss Lola Lamour, George Formby look-alike Paul Casper, and leading wartime solo tribute artist Peter Wayre.
A big top circus tent will host dance exhibitions and demonstrations by the Cambs and Beds Lindy Experience, as well as popular afternoon tea dances.
On Saturday night the big band opus One will provide the entertainment, when patrons dress to impress in 1940s glamour, utility clothing, or home front and allied uniforms.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday morning sees a drum head service at 11am, and a moving sunset ceremony to close the event on Sunday afternoon.
Day entry, 10am to 5pm, costs £8 for adults and £5 concessions.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
For more details of dance tickets and pre-booked weekend tickets, see the website www.ramsey1940sweekend.org