Two new faces join Fenland Arts
FENLAND Arts Association has welcomed two new members to their team as their newly appointment Artists in Residence.
Marian Savill is a professional mixed media artist she works mainly with used materials and found objects to create her art. She is excited by the discarded, the unloved and the unwanted.
Marian has a lot of experience of working within the Fenland Community both with young people and adults and is also Vice Chair of Fenland Visual Arts Collective. Marian’s first solo exhibition will be at March Town Hall from March 13-15.
Fred White has been running workshops for children in schools and museums, created to tie in with the national curriculum guidelines for various school subjects. He has also worked with adults, providing art and illustration workshops in museums and classes in colleges
He undertakes large projects for museums, including making interactive models for exhibits. Fred’s first solo exhibition will be from June 10-12 at March Town Hall.
As Artists in Residence Marian and Fred will be involved in a variety of Visual Arts projects run by Fenland Arts Association, and this year they will introduce their Community Arts project call and run creative workshops encouraging everyone to give art a go.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks