UB40 founder members Ali Campbell, Astro and Mickey Virtue to play concert at Burghley House
- Credit: Archant
Reggae group UB40 have announced a concert at Burghley House this summer.
Ali Campbell, Astro and Mickey Virtue, who reunited last month to start work on a new studio album, come to Burghley House, near Stamford, on Saturday, June 7.
A spokesman for the promoters, Live Promotions, said “We are so delighted with the scoop, especially with Ali Campbell and Astro on vocals. What a night it will be.”
Campbell, Astro and Virtue are three original members of UB40, Britain’s most successful reggae/pop group.
The band had more than 50 singles in the UK charts and achieved considerable international success. Songs to their credit include the hits Red Red Wine, Kingston Town, Can’t Help Falling In Love With You, Every Breath You Take and Cherry Oh Baby.
You may also want to watch:
The original line-up played together for about 30 years before Campbell left the band in January 2008. Virtue departed soon afterwards.
Four members of the band were declared bankrupt in 2011 after the failure of the band’s now defunct record label DEP International.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
After more than four years apart, Astro joined Campbell and Virtue in December for a concert at the O2 Arena in London - which prompted the reunion.
• Ticket details will be announced shortly online at livepromotionsconcerts.co.uk