UB40 founder members Ali Campbell, Astro and Mickey Virtue to play concert at Burghley House
- Credit: Archant
Reggae group UB40 have announced a concert at Burghley House this summer.
Ali Campbell, Astro and Mickey Virtue, who reunited last month to start work on a new studio album, come to Burghley House, near Stamford, on Saturday, June 7.
A spokesman for the promoters, Live Promotions, said “We are so delighted with the scoop, especially with Ali Campbell and Astro on vocals. What a night it will be.”
Campbell, Astro and Virtue are three original members of UB40, Britain’s most successful reggae/pop group.
The band had more than 50 singles in the UK charts and achieved considerable international success. Songs to their credit include the hits Red Red Wine, Kingston Town, Can’t Help Falling In Love With You, Every Breath You Take and Cherry Oh Baby.
You may also want to watch:
The original line-up played together for about 30 years before Campbell left the band in January 2008. Virtue departed soon afterwards.
Four members of the band were declared bankrupt in 2011 after the failure of the band’s now defunct record label DEP International.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
After more than four years apart, Astro joined Campbell and Virtue in December for a concert at the O2 Arena in London - which prompted the reunion.
• Ticket details will be announced shortly online at livepromotionsconcerts.co.uk