‘Unseen’ David Bowie photography exhibition tour to visit Peterborough next year
- Credit: Archant
A UK exhibition tour of ‘never before seen’ photographs of David Bowie has been extended to include a visit to Peterborough next spring.
After a sell out 2016 tour, Off Beat Lounge, in conjunction with David Bowie’s official photographer, Denis O’Regan, have added an extra eight locations to their 2017 UK tour of Mini dealerships.
At each showing there will be an exhibit of 40 photographs, many of which have never been seen by the public before, documenting Denis’ time touring the world with David Bowie.
The tour will visit the Sycamore MINI showroom on Papyrus Road, Werrington, Peterborough, for one night only on Thursday June 8 from 7.30pm.
As well as being official photographer to Bowie during the 1983 ‘Serious Moonlight’ Tour, the 1987 Glass Spider Tour and the 1990 Sound and Vision Tour, Denis O’ Regan was also the photographer at events including The Concert for Diana and Live Aid.
You may also want to watch:
Through the 1980s and 1990s, Denis toured the world as official photographer to The Rolling Stones, Queen, Duran Duran, Pink Floyd, Spandau Ballet, Thin Lizzy, Neil Diamond and the Bee Gees.
He said: “It’s been a real trip down memory lane for me, of time I spent with a great, great friend, both on stage and during our down time between concerts.
- 1 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 2 Victim claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 4 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 5 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 6 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 10 Woman dies after crash between van and car
“I’m really looking forward to coming to Peterborough for this exhibition, which pulls together a decade of travelling around the world with David.”
A spokesman said: “The collaboration between Denis O’Regan and Off Beat Lounge will mean that fans can view this unique and personal photographic collection of David Bowie at one night exhibition events, giving them the chance to see rare, intimate moments from back stage, relaxing between gigs and on stage.
“Denis will also be in attendance, giving some ticket holders a chance to attend a meet and greet ‘question and answer’ session, as Denis chats about his life on the road with one of the worlds biggest rock icons.”
To book tickets; £9.50 (general) or £29.50 (VIP) visit http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/david-and-i-tickets/252699