Vanity Fare, Phoenix Calling and many Fenland bands on line-up for Wisbech Rock Festival
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Rock Festival roars back into life next weekend with a packed line-up of entertainment.
The August 2 festival takes place in Wisbech Park and provides fun for the whole family including fairground rides, amusements, stalls, body art, merchandise and refreshments.
Councillor Samantha Hoy, chairman of Wisbech Town Council’s festivals working party, said: “This should be a great event, to be enjoyed by everyone.
The town council and the festivals working party wish to continue to build upon the successes of previous years’ rock festivals, which is why we are now starting to have a headline act.
“We will be using professional staging which will be able to cope with any weather conditions. So whatever happens – come rain or shine - the event will go ahead as planned.
You may also want to watch:
“Come along and have some fun.”
Local favourites Whiskey Twist kick off the festival at noon. They will be followed by Scumbus (1pm), Jaws of Cerberus (2pm), Rapture (3pm), Thin Lizzy tribute band Lizzy on the Loose (4pm), Phoenix Calling (5pm) and Sound Station (6pm).
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
Topping off the bill is headline act Vanity Fare, at 7pm.
After more than 40 years in the business, Vanity Fare is still touring internationally. The band’s hits include Hitchin’ a Ride, Early in the Morning, I Live for the Sun and Better by Far.
The band has sold more than five million records worldwide and has been awarded two Gold Discs.
Phoenix Calling also has a growing national fan base. The band released its first single Everybody Knows in February. The second single off the album Forget Your Ghosts, released in April, was Wasted Life – and its video was playlisted on Kerrang! TV.
This year’s event will also feature, for the first time, a dance stage (on the bandstand) featuring DJs playing everything from drum & bass to house music.