VIDEO: Christmas Tree Festival at St Peter’s Church in March
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Church in March will be packed with fabulously decorated Christmas trees from tonight for the annual Christmas tree festival.
Organisations, businesses and individuals will trim a variety of trees, for the event that raises funds for the church roof fund.
The festival is open to the public from 10am to 5pm on Friday and Saturday, December 13 and 14, and from 12.30pm to 2.30pm on Sunday December 15.
Visitors will be given the chance to vote for their favourite trees, and prizes will be given in the adult and chidlren’s categories.
Organiser Chris Dunham said: “It is great fun to take part, and lovely for children to bring their family and friends to see their good work. The festival ends after our usual magical Christingle service, with all the trees lit as a back drop.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the festival costs £1.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police