VIDEO: Ely Standard helps launch the 2013 Ely Folk Festival Band Competition
- Credit: Archant
CALLING all budding folk and roots music acts! Would you like to have a billing at Ely Folk Festival 2013, one of the top music festivals in the country?
Ely Folk Festival, in conjunction with the Ely Standard, is pleased to launch this year’s Ely Folk Festival Band Competition.
Winners of the competition last year - bluegrass band The Woodberrys - have since played at numerous festivals to growing acclaim and will be returning to Ely this year as a main act at the Saturday evening concert.
To enter the band competition, please send a CD demo marked ‘EFF Band Competition’ with your contact details to arrive by 31st March to:
Ely Folk Festival 2013 Band Competition
38 Market Street
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to amateur folk and roots music acts only.
2. Entries from solos, duos as well as groups are welcome.
3. Closing date for receipt of entries is 31st March 2013.
4. CDs submitted to the competition will not be returned.
5. The winning entry will be selected by the folk festival committee and announced by the end of April. The judges’ decision will be final.
6. The winning entry will open the 2013 festival on the Ely Folk Festival main concert stage on Friday 12 July, and receive complimentary weekend tickets to the festival.
7. No relatives of Ely Folk Festival Committee are permitted to enter.