VIDEO: Ely Standard helps launch the 2013 Ely Folk Festival Band Competition
- Credit: Archant
CALLING all budding folk and roots music acts! Would you like to have a billing at Ely Folk Festival 2013, one of the top music festivals in the country?
Ely Folk Festival, in conjunction with the Ely Standard, is pleased to launch this year’s Ely Folk Festival Band Competition.
Winners of the competition last year - bluegrass band The Woodberrys - have since played at numerous festivals to growing acclaim and will be returning to Ely this year as a main act at the Saturday evening concert.
To enter the band competition, please send a CD demo marked ‘EFF Band Competition’ with your contact details to arrive by 31st March to:
Ely Folk Festival 2013 Band Competition
You may also want to watch:
38 Market Street
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to amateur folk and roots music acts only.
2. Entries from solos, duos as well as groups are welcome.
3. Closing date for receipt of entries is 31st March 2013.
4. CDs submitted to the competition will not be returned.
5. The winning entry will be selected by the folk festival committee and announced by the end of April. The judges’ decision will be final.
6. The winning entry will open the 2013 festival on the Ely Folk Festival main concert stage on Friday 12 July, and receive complimentary weekend tickets to the festival.
7. No relatives of Ely Folk Festival Committee are permitted to enter.