Village walks, photographic exhibition and autumn fair make up this year’s Thorney Heritage Weekend
FOUR fantastic artists will be showing their work during the Heritage Weekend staged by Thorney Society at Bedford Hall and Heritage Museum this weekend.
The magnificent Living Heritage photographic exhibition is called “In the Frame,” and will feature work by Bob Davis, Steve Dubois, Lenzman Photographer Peter Rye, and Chris Lane, as well as other local contributors.
Bob of Whittlesey provides an avant-garde look at the Fenland landscape, while Steve Dubois from Wimblington favours more traditional, classic landscapes.
Designer Chris Lane takes a creative look at Peterborough and Thorney, and Lenzman Photographer Peter Rye focuses on natural history and local heritage, especially of old King’s Lynn.
The exhibition is open on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 4.30pm, and Thorney Museum will be open on both days.
You may also want to watch:
Dorothy Halfhide will lead walking tours of the village on Saturday and Sunday, with walkers meeting at the Duke of Bedford Hall at 2pm.
Celebrations on Sunday will include an autumn fair, with stalls, games, and a display of classic vehicles in the grounds of Bedford Hall.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 10 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots