Village walks, photographic exhibition and autumn fair make up this year’s Thorney Heritage Weekend
FOUR fantastic artists will be showing their work during the Heritage Weekend staged by Thorney Society at Bedford Hall and Heritage Museum this weekend.
The magnificent Living Heritage photographic exhibition is called “In the Frame,” and will feature work by Bob Davis, Steve Dubois, Lenzman Photographer Peter Rye, and Chris Lane, as well as other local contributors.
Bob of Whittlesey provides an avant-garde look at the Fenland landscape, while Steve Dubois from Wimblington favours more traditional, classic landscapes.
Designer Chris Lane takes a creative look at Peterborough and Thorney, and Lenzman Photographer Peter Rye focuses on natural history and local heritage, especially of old King’s Lynn.
The exhibition is open on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 4.30pm, and Thorney Museum will be open on both days.
Dorothy Halfhide will lead walking tours of the village on Saturday and Sunday, with walkers meeting at the Duke of Bedford Hall at 2pm.
Celebrations on Sunday will include an autumn fair, with stalls, games, and a display of classic vehicles in the grounds of Bedford Hall.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?