Vintage rally through Cambridgeshire villages will give a boost to Magpas
VINTAGE vehicles are set to take to Cambridgeshire roads for the annual Yesteryear Run to boost Magpas.
Classic vehicles will take to the roads on April 17 – and this year there are more than 300 entries.
Starting point is the village green at Cottenham. The course will go through Rampton, Willingham, Over, Swavesey, Longstanton, Oakington and Histon, and then regroup back at Cottenham in the afternoon.
On the route every village supports the run by creating its’ own atmosphere. The lunch stop this year will be at Swavesey Village College complete with real ale bar and hog roast.
The first Road Run, held in April 1994 had 70 entries and raised �2,700 for the Children’s Hospice in Milton. Over the years the number of static exhibitions and vehicles has risen over 300 and last year they made a donation of �14,000 to Magpas.
You may also want to watch:
Waterbeach Brass band will accompany the parade in a double decker bus.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 7 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 8 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 9 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens