Vintage rally through Cambridgeshire villages will give a boost to Magpas
VINTAGE vehicles are set to take to Cambridgeshire roads for the annual Yesteryear Run to boost Magpas.
Classic vehicles will take to the roads on April 17 – and this year there are more than 300 entries.
Starting point is the village green at Cottenham. The course will go through Rampton, Willingham, Over, Swavesey, Longstanton, Oakington and Histon, and then regroup back at Cottenham in the afternoon.
On the route every village supports the run by creating its’ own atmosphere. The lunch stop this year will be at Swavesey Village College complete with real ale bar and hog roast.
The first Road Run, held in April 1994 had 70 entries and raised �2,700 for the Children’s Hospice in Milton. Over the years the number of static exhibitions and vehicles has risen over 300 and last year they made a donation of �14,000 to Magpas.
You may also want to watch:
Waterbeach Brass band will accompany the parade in a double decker bus.
- 1 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 6 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 7 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager