Warren Mailley-Smith returns to Ely for a sparking Valentine’s Day concert
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air at Ely Cathedral when it plays host to the Sparkling Valentines Concert 2015.
British concert pianist Warren Mailley-Smith returns to Ely on Saturday at 7.30pm with a varied and romantic programme featuring Beethoven’s stunning Piano Concerto no. 5. The Emperor in a rarely performed arrangement for Chamber Ensemble.
He is joined by an outstanding young string quartet and soprano vocalist Susan Parkes.
The programme also features solo piano music by Chopin and Rachmaninov plus Bach’s Air on a G string for string ensemble and Schubert’s glorious Trout Quintet.
This year’s programme offers an enticing mix of romantic indulgence and popular classics to pull at the heart-strings on this most romantic of evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Audience members will also be treated to a glass of complimentary bubbly, by the glow of candlelight.
Warren Mailley-Smith, described by Classic FM as ‘stunning’ and ‘fantastic’ has recently made his debut solo tour of China and appeared for the Royal Family. He has performed at the Wigmore and Carnegie Halls and recently appeared as concerto soloist with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
Warren used to live in Earith where he attended the village primary school and had his first piano lessons there.
Tickets at https://tickets.elycathedral.org/show.asp
Box office 01353 660349. Tickets are £20 inclusive of a glass of bubbly.