Welcome to ‘ghoul school’ - for one night only a torchlight Halloween tour of the older part of grammar school
- Credit: Archant
Spooky tours of the older parts of Wisbech Grammar School are being staged at a Halloween ‘ghoul school’ event.
The treats at the gruesome gathering on Friday, October 24, which is now in its fourth year, include torchlight tours of the buildings and the grounds, as well as chilling ghost stories, and spectres and ghouls are gearing up for a night to remember.
The ghostly gaggle is part of a 40-strong team of pupils who have volunteered to conjure up a spell of terror, which is rounded off by a fearsome feast of hot dogs, apple cakes and blood red punch.
Members of the grow, cook, eat club are adding pumpkin soup and cakes to the haunting mix, and the pupils taking part are lining up for spine-tingling makeovers performed by English and drama teacher Miss Alison Clayton and her talented make-up team.
The tours start at 6.30pm for younger children and 7.30pm for the older ones.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced at £2.50 for a child and £5 for an adult, should be booked in advance by telephoning the school office on 01945-583631. Family tickets are on sale at £12.50 and no more bookings will be taken after the first 100 tickets have been sold.
Head of food and nutrition Mrs Alison Sloan, who is organizing the event, said: “I just think the youngsters are so realistic with their stage make-up and costumes. The school is really eerie and there are sections of the corridors where the moonlight shines through.”
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled